Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: amazing Full body carbon fibers oud !!!
Khalid Khalil
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-21-2021 at 01:14 PM
amazing Full body carbon fibers oud !!!

I have seen an oud with carbon fibers back ,
but a full body of carbon fibers !

this oud is amazing, beautiful rich sound with a magnificent resonance ,

let me know your opinion.

here is the link:

https://youtu.be/fl85UtctsY4

11B6B3BA-742D-493A-BC28-B8C43FFAF455.jpeg - 95kB
Lael
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 5-27-2021 at 06:56 AM
Flash Carbon Ouds

This oud was built by Meir Jakov at Flash Carbon Guitars in Israel. Meir is an aerospace engineer. He designed and builds all his oud as well as his own mechanical tuners. I recently received my Oud from him. Turn around was about 3 months. It just made it out of Israel before the current unrest started and Ben Gurion was shut down temporarily. I had Meir build me my oud with floating bridge rosewood fretboard and arm rest. Bridge and tail piece are walnut. And yes full carbon head through body. It is wonderful in my opinion! Great volume and the tone is very alive...great bass and the highs are nice and crisp with out any schrill. My other two ouds sound now dull and or tinny in comparison.

I can also witness to the stability as well. My oud goes most everywhere with me. I live at 7,000 ft elevation in the high desert. Days can be very hot and temperatures drop significantly in short time. It can be in the 70s and 5 minutes later hail golf balls; can be t-shirt weather then snow in the same day. My point is this place can have serious temperature fluctuations...and I transport my oud alot daily. The stability of tuning has been incredible and seldom needs tweaking.

The video above is Gad playing one of Meirs standard basic oud designs. The one hanging on the wall behind him was custom built for Gad. If you search for more Gad Tidhar videos you will see him playing it. For additional videos and information Meir has videos and pictures on his facebook page. You can see my floating bridge oud on his facebook page (Flash Carbon Guitars) if interested.

On the whole I am extremely satisfied with the investment and would highly recommend Flash Carbon Ouds to anyone interested.

MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 5-27-2021 at 10:32 AM

It sounds amazing! I love the concept of not having to worry about the elements damaging the OUD.
I am in an area of 4 seasons and the temp swing is not great on OUD's. They look and sound really great.
Thanx for sharing.
Matt

Go To Top