Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: OudStrings.com - Update!
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 4-30-2021 at 12:05 PM
OudStrings.com - Update!

Dear fellow forum members,

I have received such kind messages from so many of you letting me know how appreciative you were of the site and looking for guidance in purchasing strings going forward, so I am pleased to tell you that OudStrings.com will be re-opening soon under new management.

A number of folks had expressed interest in taking over when I announced I was moving on, and I'm glad to have found someone who is a fellow oud player and longtime MikeOuds forum member who I trust will carry on OudStrings.com and make it even better.

We'll be making a more formal announcement soon, but I'm excited and wanted to share the news with you all.

cheers,
Brian

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
ExtreamTarab
Oud Junkie

Mood: ...Lessa Faker...

[*] posted on 4-30-2021 at 12:35 PM

:applause::applause::applause:
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-30-2021 at 01:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Brian Prunka  
Dear fellow forum members,

I'm glad to have found someone who is a fellow oud player and longtime MikeOuds forum member who I trust will carry on OudStrings.com and make it even better.

It was already great. What could be better? Giving the strings away for free? I guess we'll all find out.
Eric Stern Music
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 4-30-2021 at 02:13 PM

Aw Yeah!
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 4-30-2021 at 08:26 PM

Wonderful news!

Elbelga
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 12:13 PM
Yay!

:applause: I'm glad to hear that! OudStrings was my favorite shop!
norumba
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 02:12 PM

Here are some more details. ... as we get closer to launch, we'll be announcing some pre-order specials. hoping to have everything up and running by mid june!

https://oudstrings.com/blogs/news/oud-strings-com-re-opens-the-offic...

norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-25-2021 at 12:26 AM

Hi everyone!

thanks so much for all your interest and support as we bring this site back to operational status!

here's an update:

Brian and I have been working very closely on the transition and the hand off -- going through existing inventory, what else needs to be reordered to have on hand when I open, getting to meet and know the suppliers, etc.

Ive engaged a web team to build a new Shopify site, along with a graphic designer from Turkey to give it a nice new look and feel. That's all in process as we speak, and progress is on schedule on that front.

I dont want to fully launch the site without having everything in place and ready to meet demand; whatever everyone needs, I want to have for you on day one. With that parameter in mind, I'm projecting a launch date of the site late June or early July.

That said, I may run some early bird or beta launch specials as we get closer, so stay tuned for that!

As always, the door and dialogue is open. Let me know what you'd like to see, what else you may need-- I'm open to ideas. I have some new ideas for product expansion as well --- not all of the new stuff may be in place for launch, but we'll see.

Onward!

best,
Mustafa

suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-26-2021 at 02:57 AM

an agreement with a string brand to make an affordable acceptable set for 58.5/57 stringlength ouds tuned arabic ? :D
becoming rather common standard and nothing much available out of large order to have nice offers
Playing those days a 61.5 cm oud, i'm surprised how pyramid orange set are of a good quality / price rendition

great the site is opening back again !
Best of luck

norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-26-2021 at 06:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by suz_i_dil  
an agreement with a string brand to make an affordable acceptable set for 58.5/57 stringlength ouds tuned arabic ? :D
becoming rather common standard and nothing much available out of large order to have nice offers
Playing those days a 61.5 cm oud, i'm surprised how pyramid orange set are of a good quality / price rendition

great the site is opening back again !
Best of luck

Absolutely! This is an increasing need - both my Ouds are 58,5 and i keep them at Arabic tuning. I'll be offering custom sets this way , and I'll be talking to manufacturers as well...

suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-27-2021 at 05:31 AM

:applause:
yes ! best of luck :)

norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-27-2021 at 12:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by suz_i_dil  
:applause:
yes ! best of luck :)

Thanks! Pyramid will be offering some new sets close to this, but i want to dial in some specs with them a little bit ;)

norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 03:48 PM

Taos News did an article on the business , its migration from NY to here, and future plans....
https://www.taosnews.com/tempo/music/mustafa-stefan-dill-opens-oud-s...

Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-6-2021 at 05:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norumba  
Taos News did an article on the business , its migration from NY to here, and future plans....
[url]https://www.taosnews.com/tempo/music/mustafa-stefan-dill-opens-oud-strings/article_5bbdec8a-c576-11eb-90e9-373bb88eacc1.html
[/url]

Wow I love the idea of an oud festival in New Mexico.
norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-28-2021 at 03:35 PM

an update on the update!

After a lot of fine tuning, I'm pleased to say all the new arrangements with factories and vendors have been set up, and after a good degree of careful planning, initial orders for inventory from all the main brands have all been placed!

Everyone has been very helpful and accommodating in the process and walking me through how they like to do business.

Every manufacturer's production run and timing is different, so goodies should be arriving to my 'warehouse' over the next few weeks. In fact , one shipment just arrived today!

Meanwhile, the website developers are busy building the site to my specs. I haven't seen any of the functionality, but I hope to be beta testing late this week. I'm asking for a lot of customer customization options and they tell me they can build it in, so I'm hopeful.

Again, I don't want to open without having as much as possible in place. Accounting for the different production schedules and deliveries, I'm shooting for a mid July opening -- though I'm waiting to hear from one major manufacturer still on their delivery time.

Ive retweaked the numbers for Godin sets and will have some of those on hand; and one manufacturer has been developing a new prototype set for oud that we'll be the exclusive tester for - stay tuned!

norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-14-2021 at 11:57 PM

All manufacturers have now shipped! Pyramid and D'Daddario are in house; Aquila and LaBella are enroute and being tracked. The existing inventory from Brian is also here.

With inventory now starting to arrive, I'm focusing attention on the site. The developers are working on functionality and design elements, while I'm busy uploading and organizing all the 600 plus products ( no easy way to do that)!

Stay tuned!

Jason
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving my oud

[*] posted on 7-16-2021 at 01:42 PM

Will you be carrying custom gauges of strings in the future? I'm interested in putting together a Pyramid set for my banjo. There are surprisingly few options on the market for nylon banjo sets.
norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-16-2021 at 02:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason  
Will you be carrying custom gauges of strings in the future? I'm interested in putting together a Pyramid set for my banjo. There are surprisingly few options on the market for nylon banjo sets.

Absolutely! I carry a lot of singles and im able to calculate some options based on tuning, scale length, and desired tension. Shoot me some specifics at oudstringsus@gmail.com and ill work something up for you....

norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-14-2021 at 04:56 PM

Its been a busy busy month!

We are in preview/pre-beta mode, and I love how this is looking.

The entire inventory is now in the database, priced and SKU'd and categorized, and I can take orders via email even as we finish tweaking the site. There are still a few custom sets I'm putting together over the weekend to make those easier to order, too.

I expect a fully live launch in about 10 days.

coolsciguy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 09:30 AM

I just wanted to write a note and complement Mustafa for helping me out pick strings for my new Oud.

I sent him a couple of videos and a list of strings I had tried. He worked with me through my issues and came up with a list of appropriate options. Transaction and ordering went smooth and I should get my strings soon!

Thank you Mustafa!
Amon
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 8-28-2021 at 11:28 PM

great timing :)
Guitarune
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 05:04 AM

I'm guessing there aren't that many orders from Norway, so it's probably a long shot...but is Oudstrings VOEC registered? Unfortunately, us Norwegians have to pay near $20 in customs fee from stores that are not VOEC registered.
( https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/business-and-organisation/vat-and-dut... )
norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 06:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by coolsciguy  
I just wanted to write a note and complement Mustafa for helping me out pick strings for my new Oud.

I sent him a couple of videos and a list of strings I had tried. He worked with me through my issues and came up with a list of appropriate options. Transaction and ordering went smooth and I should get my strings soon!

Thank you Mustafa!

it was my pleasure! you should be getting them today, let me know how they work....and thanks for the support and the business -- and all the info on some makers!

Quote: Originally posted by Amon  
great timing :)

happy to help, let me know what you need!

Quote: Originally posted by Guitarune  

I'm guessing there aren't that many orders from Norway, so it's probably a long shot...but is Oudstrings VOEC registered? Unfortunately, us Norwegians have to pay near $20 in customs fee from stores that are not VOEC registered.

i will be happy to look into this, and see whats involved.... i'll let you know!

in other general news!

a)we are finishing out the final bells and whistles this week!! a few pieces
--like the newsletter and signing up for an account on the site --- need to happen as well, but all the products are in and there are no issues on the checkout /purchase, ive already sold some custom sets and everything works smoothly.

b) happy to report im working out arrangements with Jonas and Hannah to carry Kuerschner Germany, and that I have located a good source of cow horn risha!

norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 01:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Guitarune  

ive actually been looking into this and registered with VOEC for you....i should have my number in a few days. Check your inbox for more details/questions....

Guitarune
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-1-2021 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norumba  

ive actually been looking into this and registered with VOEC for you....i should have my number in a few days. Check your inbox for more details/questions....

Consider me impressed! That's someone going the extra mile :)

Then I must encourage every Norwegian in need of oud strings to use your shop!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top