Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Global Oud Forum
ExtreamTarab
Oud Junkie

Mood: ...Lessa Faker...

[*] posted on 5-27-2021 at 02:38 AM
Global Oud Forum

I came across this and wanted to share here as I enjoyed watching very much, thought I should share the joy

https://www.oudforum.com/programme
coolsciguy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 05:37 PM

The episodes from global oud forum have been very informative and fun to watch for me. I noticed they posted all notations for pieces performed in the videos as well. The luthier talks are just pure gold.
coolsciguy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 05:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by coolsciguy  
The episodes from global oud forum have been very informative and fun to watch for me. I noticed they posted all notations for pieces performed in the videos as well. The luthier talks are just pure gold.

Here is episode 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQobvrWgEz4
MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 6-8-2021 at 07:11 AM

Thanx for sharing!
Horray! Hazem Shaeen....and WOW! What an great performance.
The trill at 9:45-46 is just unbelievably fast and shows his great ongoing technical improvement.

btw- I was curious when the luthier Monshed mention(at ~5:00-15 mark) that Fadel used sheesham, mahogany and walnut woods and that they were 'forbidden' and so he had them supplied to him(via the ministry) to make his OUDs. Why was this/these woods forbidden? I can understand if he say 'hard to obtain' and 'rare', but he said 'forbidden' as in something about using these woods were forbidden. Can someone explain what he meant by this? Thanx.

coolsciguy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-8-2021 at 05:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MattOud  
Thanx for sharing!
Horray! Hazem Shaeen....and WOW! What an great performance.
The trill at 9:45-46 is just unbelievably fast and shows his great ongoing technical improvement.

btw- I was curious when the luthier Monshed mention(at ~5:00-15 mark) that Fadel used sheesham, mahogany and walnut woods and that they were 'forbidden' and so he had them supplied to him(via the ministry) to make his OUDs. Why was this/these woods forbidden? I can understand if he say 'hard to obtain' and 'rare', but he said 'forbidden' as in something about using these woods were forbidden. Can someone explain what he meant by this? Thanx.

Matt,

I don't quite speak Arabic but I do believe he is saying wood imports were forbidden at the time.

Go To Top