Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: hello
em777ad
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 04:24 PM
hello

hi all im new to this forums but i want to say its a great site . i just got back from cairo and i payed a visit to muhhmed ali great st in cairo where i got my oud from hammada al-arabi stores they got like 4 stores in that st only and others in cairo http://www.gawhara.com.eg . the oud is made by murad al-turky i dont know if anyone heard about him but the oud sound great and look great clean sound and look . im starting to learnand i found this site and forume so helpful thanks for the people how made it possible .:buttrock:
em777ad
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 04:29 PM
hello

em777ad
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 04:33 PM
hello

oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 04:56 PM

hey
good luck with yr new oud and its looks very very nice and i htink you should change the strings and get 11 or 12 not 9 its up 2 you and i would love hear hear what it sounds like
thx sammy
egypt omar
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 09:21 AM

How much did this Oud cost in Egypt? Just curious.
THanks,
OSM
em777ad
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-6-2005 at 09:02 PM

thx sammy ,, about the string really the guy how sold me the oud lied to me lol he sayed that since im a biggner i should start leaning on 9 string i guess he just dont want to lose an other string set for 47 pounds as he sayed .but alot of friend told me to change the string for 11 or12 as u said and im getting some new string soon , i got a deal the oud with a nice coverd in the inside bag and the string with 2 risha too lol for like 500 pound if i count it right about 200$
egypt omar
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-7-2005 at 10:17 AM
correction

just so you know.. 500 Egyptian pound is more like $90 US. very inexpensive on muhammad ali street. I have an oud from one of these makers on muhammad ali as well.. I wish I had known about professional ouds, where to get them, etc, before i paid for mine.. i mean, i really love it, but i have the feeling that a professional, shehata oud for example, would be so much more fun to play.. i dont know.
Omar
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-7-2005 at 01:58 PM

Hi em777ad,

One of my first ouds was a Mourad el-Turkey. For the price, you can't go wrong. Mabrouk to you!

Take care,
Mike

em777ad
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-7-2005 at 04:38 PM

thx mike and omar . well muhammed ali st was good for me buc i asked about makers like shehata as u mentioned but i thought about i would like to speen like 3000 pound on my first oud . i mean u dont get a mercedes for ur first car or when u start to learn driving but u get a good thing to get u by then u look for the pro stuff . im sure i well get shehata oud one day when im ready for a oud making legend like him but its not the right time , about the oud beeing expensive i really dont think so im from saudi arabia and its like i payed 300 riyals on my oud , but in i chaged my mind on learning im sure i wont but if i could go out there i sell it for 1500 riyals minimum we have a poor oud makers here and hard to find a good one u c thx to all.
egypt omar
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 05:48 AM
well.

If I'm not mistaken, beginner drivers will often start out driving mercedes in Saudi Arabia :D

OH yeah, and I said the oud was "INexpensive" which is the opposite of expensive.

Omar

Go To Top