Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FREE Kamil Gul Oud Giveaway (yes, no catch!) ????
sidharta
Oud Addict

Mood: Feeling creative!

[*] posted on 11-4-2021 at 09:14 AM
FREE Kamil Gul Oud Giveaway (yes, no catch!) ????

Kamil Gul Free Oud Giveaway!

Want to join the giveaway? Read below :applause:

We like to bring you guys good news. And this time we have a pretty amazing announcement. We have teamed up with Kamil Gul, one of today’s best Oud makers, and brought you 14 new models. Wait, that’s not all. The designs have been completely refreshed, using the best concepts in Oud style. For example, we use a solid wood armrest and. The result is nothing less than breathtaking.

For us, it is an honor to be the official distributors of Kamil Gul’s ouds. Kamil is an appreciated maker among many professional musicians. The fine work, dried wood and balanced tone are well known in the Oud community. Based in Ankara, Kamil uses modern technology but traditional designs. The result is a perfect Oud an advanced or professional player. 

We’ve worked the passing 6 months with Kamil to perfect the new Ouds. Each one is special and a perfect Oud in its own category. The woods we used are Wenge, Pamela, Flame maple, and more. Obviously, all ouds feature ebony fingerboards and the best-in-class cedar or spruce tops.

We are thrilled with the new arrival (hope you guys are too!). So… We are giving (???? hard to say goodbye) one AMAZING Kamil Gul Turkish walnut Oud. 

What do I need to do? Click the link below and check the Facebook post for the instructions.

:bowdown:

---> Join The Giveaway <---

??????????????????????
Marcus
Oud Junkie

Mood: Lost in music

[*] posted on 11-5-2021 at 12:30 AM

Ohhh, only for facebook-members?

very sad:(

Playing the oud is like feeding my soul with peace
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 11-5-2021 at 07:35 AM

You guys really ought to stop using tortoiseshell. Aside from the ethical issues in harvesting a critically endangered species, it's illegal to import or export almost everywhere except the countries that haven't signed the CITES agreement (which are N. Korea, South Sudan, Micronesia, Haiti, East Timor, Turkmenistan, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Kiribati, Tuvalu). It's illegal to buy or sell even between states in the US. If someone travels with the instrument internationally, it could be confiscated at any point if a customs examines it.

Apparently Turkey doesn't have laws against it and doesn't enforce the international trade restrictions, but purchasers and owners are taking big risks with tortoiseshell.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
ChanningPDX
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-6-2021 at 10:44 AM

Yes, this is serious business.

I know this has been a concern with CITES-controlled materials in guitars for some time. While I have not heard any examples specifically about traveling with ouds, in my other musical life as a bagpiper, stories abound about poor schmucks who try to go through airport security with their 100-year-old ivory-mounted Henderson pipes only to have them confiscated and the ivory forcibly removed with whatever blunt object the TSA guys have handy, usually destroying the pipes in the process.

As with other "classic" instruments, old bagpipes are still incredibly valued for their tone, but most of the premium sets made up through the 1960s were mounted with elephant (or occasionally walrus) ivory. Even though it's pretty easy to get CITES certificates now for old instruments made with pre-ban material, a lot of professional players are still wary of taking any risks and will often leave their old pipes at home and travel with a modern set mounted in imitation ivory or some other synthetic material. You may be lucky and travel for years with an instrument, and nobody will notice or care, but if someone does notice and gets suspicious, you're pretty much screwed, and you have little or no recourse if customs officials take it upon themselves to wreck your precious instrument.

Certainly, for most oud makers and sellers, using tortoiseshell and other endangered animal products banned by CITES isn't treated as a serious issue because I imagine that many of the people who order such expensive extras for their ouds tend to be in Turkey or the Gulf and just don't care. However, advertising such products in English on a website for overseas export is inviting trouble--definitely for the buyer and quite possibly for the seller as well.
Jason
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving my oud

[*] posted on 11-6-2021 at 09:23 PM

Real tortoiseshell is a deal breaker for me. I would never buy an oud, or anything else, using real tortoise shell. Please look into alternatives like galalith.
sidharta
Oud Addict

Mood: Feeling creative!

[*] posted on 11-14-2021 at 05:25 PM

Hi everyone, just less than 24 hours to the giveaway! See you soon
---> Join The Giveaway <---

Go To Top