Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for oud in Brasil
matis
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-6-2021 at 05:14 AM
Looking for oud in Brasil

Hello,

I am moving to Brasil for about half a year. I already have an oud, but it is quite expensive, and I am worried something might go wrong with the transport. I was thinking of buying a student oud and getting it shipped to Brasil, so I don't have to bother taking it by plane.
Does anyone have any advice on which oud to buy? Could I buy an oud decent enough to keep practicing for about 400 dollars?

Greetings,

Matis
hakimoud
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-6-2021 at 10:46 AM

Hi Mattis ! Of course you can find a good oud if you contact some luthiers in Middle East, don't buy from website who are more expensive than directly from a luthier, but I don't know how much you will paie for the delivery and taxes ... contact Ibrahim Sukkar ;)
coolsciguy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-6-2021 at 10:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by hakimoud  
Hi Mattis ! Of course you can find a good oud if you contact some luthiers in Middle East, don't buy from website who are more expensive than directly from a luthier, but I don't know how much you will paie for the delivery and taxes ... contact Ibrahim Sukkar ;)

On the Sukkar subject, has anyone tried ordering from him directly in US or EU? How does shipping and payment work since he is in Syria?
coolsciguy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-8-2021 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by coolsciguy  

On the Sukar subject, has anyone tried ordering from him directly in US or EU? How does shipping and payment work since he is in Syria?

Apparently it is hard to order directly from Sukar workshop and he charges a premium for shipping. I also found that there are 2 workshops by the name of Sukkar, one is Naeem Sukar and the other is Ebrahim Sukar, later being the reputable Sukar.
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-8-2021 at 11:25 AM

It is not entirely impossible for you to find an Elias Nahat oud in Brazil. Even an Abdo. Not likely, but one can dream....

Go To Top