Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Thread of new streamed full concerts of contemporary oud musicians
OudSwede
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-17-2022 at 06:09 AM
Thread of new streamed full concerts of contemporary oud musicians

Hi!

If you like me, live in a place where live oud concerts rarely happen, covid restrictions has one (minor) consequence: free live stream concerts.

Perhaps, this thread could be the start of finding and sharing new oud concerts (2021 and newer) streamed for free.

Please, do give links to the concerts, and also some kind of description. And finally, do write the date of the concert.

Kind regards,
Viktor
OudSwede
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-17-2022 at 06:10 AM

I have enjoyed several, among them this: Dhafer Youssef and the Frankfurt Big band.

If you happen to like big band jazz, this live concert might be of interest! It is the 2022 Dhafer Youssef concert together with the Frankfurt Big Band (hr-Bigband) and was broadcasted 15 January, 2022. It was intended as an ordinary concert, but due to covid restrictions it was recorded and live streamed instead.

In my oppinion, it does not sound like a typical Dhafer Youssef concert with additional musicians, but a fusion between big band jazz and contempoary oud music. The songs are by Mr Youssef, but arranged for big band by Magnus Lindgren. The pianist is Daniel Garcia.

Happy listening!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOvL-KqL6L8

/Viktor
OudSwede
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-17-2022 at 06:15 AM

Another new concert, is the Oud recital of Ethan Wickman for the School of Oud, 11 September 2021.

It is Ethan Wickman's exam concert, but since he is a well known musician, composer and professor of music, he turned the exam concert into a live performance with some of his own songs, together with his band Viatorum.

https://youtu.be/8Anc-Hm-LXo

/Viktor

Go To Top