Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Angham Al Sharq
JassimbinMater
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 3-29-2022 at 07:27 AM
Angham Al Sharq

Hey there everyone,

A few years ago, I partnered with a luthier and established a store and oud workshop in Qatar- now renamed as Angham Al Sharq. We've finally reached a level in the quality of the ouds, and also the general organization, that I'm proud to share it with the forum members. I'll quickly try to summarize what we have to offer.

We make professional level ouds. You can find a number of them on our site, most with accompanying videos. Some of those have been sold, and other ouds are available, so it's best to contact us directly if you're interested in buying one of our ouds. We are currently offering free international shipping with the purchase of any of our in house ouds.

We also carry ouds and other oriental instruments from other makers. We will be adding sections for them on our site in the coming months.

We also have an academy, which is probably largely irrelevant to most of you since you're not in Qatar. Our oud instructor, Amir Ayyad is a real gem- great technique and a wealth of knowledge regarding the maqamat, proper traditional intonation, etc. Unfortunately he doesn't speak much english, but any arabic speakers who would like to study with him are welcome. We will also be creating a video series with him that I'll subtitle in English that explores some of the lesser known maqamat and the common intonation mistakes of modern players, but I'll write a separate post about that.

https://anghamalsharq.com/

https://www.instagram.com/anghamalsharq/?hl=en

In addition to the contact info on the website, you're all welcome to contact me via whatsapp directly at +974 55910918 . Honest feedback is always welcome.

Hope I didn't bore you too much,

Jassim
MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 3-30-2022 at 04:57 AM

Hi Jassim,
These are really beautiful Oud's! The workmanship looks lovely and they sound great.
I really like the classical design..it reminds me of a Barbat. :airguitar:

You should post/move this to the buy/sell ouds section so people will see it better.
Cheers,
Matt
JassimbinMater
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 3-31-2022 at 02:41 AM

Thank you a lot Matt, for both your kind comments and suggestion- I'll definitely do that now.

Best,

Jassim
John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 4-1-2022 at 04:09 PM

The instruments look lovely. But there are no prices listed on the web page. Will that change?

All the best,
John
Greg
Administrator
Thread Moved
4-1-2022 at 04:16 PM
JassimbinMater
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-3-2022 at 02:39 AM

Thank you John :)

The prices are supposed to be displayed actually, it was an oversight in the site settings (They display on the home page but not on the shop page). I'll fix it soon.

Best regards,

Jassim

Go To Top