Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Najarian Oud A-200-17 (2004)
hamed
Oud Junkie

Mood: Iss'al rouhak

[*] posted on 3-31-2022 at 06:22 PM
Najarian Oud A-200-17 (2004)

Hello,
Where are you located? Would be interested in seeing more / hearing the oud.
isfahani_drums
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-1-2022 at 08:03 PM

Minnesota. I'm going to try to get a bunch of pics up on Sunday.

While I have decent microphones and a USB interface, I am not by any stretch of the imagination an Oud player.
Also there's the issue with the pegs not holding some of the strings in tune. So I'm not sure what to do about that...
hamed
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-2-2022 at 05:03 PM

Ok are you moving east or west? I’m in ohio and would be willing to meet somewhere to try it out. Depending on the condition i would say the oud is worth $800 to $2000. I met viken in his shop a few yrs ago and i think his new ouds were around $2800, although i’m sure that has changed with current market environment etc..

You can email me if you like hamedavid@gmail.com

Cheers
isfahani_drums
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-3-2022 at 08:16 PM

I'm moving west, at the end of fall. Not really sure if it's San Diego, Boise, or Eugene, yet, tho! I'm willing to ship it anywhere in the continental USA. Or we can meet for coffee in Minneapolis... :D

The last pic is attempting to show the slight dip in the top.
I could have sworn I read somewhere here that he did this on purpose?

hamed
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-4-2022 at 12:21 PM

Hello - the oud looks nice. I wouldn’t be concerned with the dip in the top as i believe this to be a common design feature…. Can you check the action at the neck joint when fully tuned?
ynashy
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-11-2022 at 03:34 PM

Hi How much is it?
isfahani_drums
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-16-2022 at 12:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hamed  
Can you check the action at the neck joint when fully tuned?

Hi! Sorry I have not been checking in sooner, overworked and getting ready to get out of town etc - my apologies.

The action is at 4mm, but once again - I cannot 'fully tune' this instrument as quite a few of the pegs slip and do not hold tune.

Since I'm measuring, the nut is 1 7/16" wide, and the neck joins the body at 2 1/4"

I have gotten a few messages asking "how much is the Oud" and I was really hoping by posting up here to get a better idea of what I should ask, as there simply isn't much to reference by.

I'm all for selling at fair market value - that's hard to determine, given there's no prices on his website. No one has made an offer yet, so, I really don't know what to do at this point!

And, to repeat, I will be using the Reverb platform so both buyer and seller have the available protections in the transaction.

I'm out for two weeks Monday, and won't be able to deal with this further until I get back end of the month. Cheers!
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 4-16-2022 at 05:17 PM

4mm is fairly high, especially for a Turkish/Armenian oud. It's possible it needs a neck reset or to have the finigerboard planed.

It almost certainly can be fully tuned as Najarian makes excellent pegs, but if the oud hasn't been used in a while the pegs are probably not tight enough in their holes and need to be pushed in more (change of season can also contribute to this issue).

It looks to be quite good condition overall, but the action is concerning.
I'd value this oud somewhere between $1000-$2000 most likely, but it really depends on the sound, action and the buyer.

Go To Top