Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My oud is buzzing after a trip
LucasBZH
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-30-2022 at 05:46 PM
My oud is buzzing after a trip

Hello everyone,

I have a weird recurring buzzing sound on one of the High C.
When at certain tension or frequency it buzzes. It usually was 2 tones above or below C that it doesn't buzz but right now thank God the B is buzzing and not the C. This is ultra weird, i changed the strings it doesn't change anything. Do you know what's going on ?

And my A strings are touching each other right now the little rascals. Why is that, maybe the 3 days trip.
MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 4-2-2022 at 05:47 AM

Hi!
Try loosing the string, put a small folded piece of paper or kleenex under the string at the nut...Many times this starts to wear and buzz. If that doesn't work...watch this by John Vergara:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPRvng77Hjk&ab_channel=LuthierJo...
cheers,
Matt
waseem
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 4-8-2022 at 05:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LucasBZH  
Hello everyone,

I have a weird recurring buzzing sound on one of the High C.
When at certain tension or frequency it buzzes. It usually was 2 tones above or below C that it doesn't buzz but right now thank God the B is buzzing and not the C. This is ultra weird, i changed the strings it doesn't change anything. Do you know what's going on ?

And my A strings are touching each other right now the little rascals. Why is that, maybe the 3 days trip.

My oud just did that last week - I found out that the sound hole cover (i think that's what it's called) wasn't as secured anymore. Once I removed it, the buzzing stopped. I could've reglued it back, but I didn't like how it looked anyways. Worth a try.

Go To Top