Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: anyone able to make me a new floating bridge for my oud?
palestine48
Oud Junkie

Mood: Free Palestine

[*] posted on 4-17-2005 at 10:07 AM
anyone able to make me a new floating bridge for my oud?

Hey group, I need some help. I mentioned before on this forum about my egyptian tourist bashir oud I got from Nile shop. Well the oud is surprisingly greatt for a beginner oud. Its about a year old now.

The one thing i feel like i need maintenance on is the bridge. The wood is soft and the strings are eating at it making it buzz.

The soft part is the wite strip shown in the pic. Can anyone offer to make me a new floating bridge. I dont know how much I can spend but i dont think i can shell out a whole lot of dough.

If anyone has the expertise at oud making and can help me I would appreciate it.

I appreciate responses on tips and advice.
palestine48
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-19-2005 at 05:44 PM

Can anyone Help?
Al Billings
Oud Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-4-2005 at 07:14 PM

The saddle may be made of a soft material. Any competent guitar repairman should be able to measure the saddle and make you a new out of bone. You probably don't need a new bridge, just the white saddle.
palestine48
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-4-2005 at 08:25 PM

Thanks all, I contacted a couple oud makers from overseas who are helping me. they quoted me a fair price so im just waiting for a response on when its gonna shipped but in regards to your point. Ya i agree with you 100% but I think getting a whole bridge shipped from the mid east may be cheaper than having a repair man in the states look at it so ill take the chance and see what come sof it. Thank you for your input.

Go To Top