Author: Subject: Oud 1022
Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 07:47 AM
Oud 1022

Hi Friends
I am wondering why Mr John Erlich didn’t call me about his oud
Before buying his oud and posting his article to know the truth.
I would like to clarify :
1-I assure that Oud #1022 is not yet sold it is in my warehouse
2-You can see it in my current production http://www.oudnazihghadban.com/users/current.asp
3-The date of fabrication of oud #1022 is 14-1-2004
4- All my ouds made during 2001 didn’t reach the serial number 1000
5- Each one of my oud has a certificate of fabrication in which I sign all its charecteristics and my signature
6- I think Mr Erlich has to claim and to lodge a formal complaint with the authorities against the vendor (I assure his oud is forged )I am ready to help him and to give him all documents

At whom are interested in my Ouds and Buzuks , there are two ways to buy one of them:
1-By sending an email to info@oudnazihghadban.com
2- Or by visiting my workshop at Rass-Baalbeck, Lebanon
3-My instruments are exposed in my site “ http://www.oudnazihghdban.com”

Thanks for all people who didn’t accept as true what Mr Erlich said about my ouds, I am sorry about the farce of Mr Erlich who was fall as victim of a forger.

Nazih Ghadban

John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 5-2-2005 at 08:05 AM

Dear Ustad Nazih,

I apologize for not e-mailing you directly and privately first about the oud. It was impolite of me not to give you the opportunity to respond to my concerns in a private communication before posting my opinion in a public forum.

Maasalaama,
John
Faladel
Oud Junkie

Mood: ya salam

[*] posted on 5-2-2005 at 09:07 AM
Nazih Oud

Hi all:
Tezza said:
I don't think it is reasonable to attack the good reputation of a highly regarded luthier, based upon a quick evalaution of a single instrument of unknown history.
I agree all, Nazih is one of most great Luthier in the world,
and any person knows that Nazih is a honest man, their Ouds are numbered, and if there is some person interested in staining their name, fails totally, because those who we have bought its Ouds, we know the great that he is, and the professional who is.
donĀ“t worry Mr. Nazih you are very great.

Oud Player
John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 5-2-2005 at 09:20 AM

Ahalan Faladel,

Super Administrator Mike closed the topic. I feel I am respecting his decision and think you should, too.

My opinions remain unchanged--I simply acknowledge that it was impolite of me to BEGIN by posting on a public forum, rather than privately e-mailing Nazih. However, I suspect, had I done so, nothing would have changed, maybe other than Nazih feeling a LITTLE BIT less attacked.

Oud Forum visitors are encouraged to go back to the thread in question and read my posts carefully and show exactly where I said that Mr. Ghadban is a bad luthier and where I said that he is dishonest, because I certainly did not intend say either.

Thanks,
John

Go To Top