Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: new taqsim
habeebkum
Oud Maniac

Mood: arab!

[*] posted on 5-4-2005 at 02:45 AM
new taqsim

hi guys, hope all is well and that everybody is enjoying their ouding. I recorded a clip the other day and i wasn't really trying hard to concentrate and play well but it turned out to be my best recording so far. it was little bit long so i coulkd not post it but mike managed to compress it enough for me so that i could post(thanks mike). the quality of the sound isn't fantastic but thats expected when its compressed.
If you guys can remember i posted a clip a while ago when i figured out i could do the tremolo thing and jump from one string to another (sagr quraish then showed me how it was really done!!good job man). so i practiced it alot and it has improved and managed to incorporate it into this taqsim. i also moved to the scale simon shaheen used in the video that was posted (i think by jameel) and tied to copy him. it sounded nice but no where near as nice as his;), and mike, i also took your comments about my taqsims on board from last time, he said i didn't have any breaks (which was very true) so i made an effort to practice and hopefully it sound better now. so i hope somebody else will have a criticism for me so i can improve:D
enjoy;)

habeebkum
san3any
Oud Maniac

Mood: Prove that 0=1

[*] posted on 5-4-2005 at 07:38 AM

NICEEEEEEE........slow and smooth

Go To Top