Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Incredibly cheap oud for sale (fixer up-per)
eliot
Oud Junkie

Mood: Aksak

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 10:13 PM
Incredibly cheap oud for sale (fixer up-per)

I have an old oud I picked up in Antalya 12 years ago, used. It's not in great shape at all. The face has warped up a bit and separated from a couple of the braces (when strung up, you get buzz above the 5th position), and the back staves could use to be reglued. I believe the neck and pegbox are fine - the pegs always worked ok (not great, but ok).

I'm looking for around $100. You'll need to put some work into it (a great way to learn about oud construction, I'd imagine!). It's no Nahat, but it had a pleasing, albeit quiet sound, when it was in better shape. It's on the smaller size of Turkish ouds, too.

Here's the deal: I'm moving out of town (oakland in the san francisco bay area) this Thursday coming up. If someone wanted to pick it up locally, that would be best. I'm not sure, with moving and such, that I can handle trying to ship this.

I'll try to put pictures up on Monday... but until then, if yer interested, email me at oudplayer "AT" gmail -dot- com . I'd love to see this oud go to someone who is interested in oud rehabilitation - it was the first oud I bought.

Go To Top