Author: Subject: Metin Senturk
davidg
Oud Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 08:28 PM
Metin Senturk

Hello Everyone,

What do you guys think of this blind oudist? :applause:

I think he is an amazing singer who also plays oud very nicely. I think it's totally amazing the way anyone that is blind plays oud. That is why I really regard Udi Hrant as at the top of the Turkish oudists.

Tell me what you guys think of him. Sorry I don't have a sound file.

Thank You
Multi Kulti
Oud Junkie

Mood: skaataa!

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 08:03 AM

David

i personally think that being blind is a "plus" for oud players(if you can say so)...oud needs others senses rather than seeing and these senses it is proved that are much stronger in blind people.One friend of mine who is blind and an amazing e-guitarist he "catches" every note with his ears before you even play it..it is really fun to play with him...
JC1907
Oud Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 03:11 PM

Metin Senturk and many other udi(s) became famous after the success Coskun Sabah caught in the 80s with his oud. I am not sure if he's graduated from the conservatory. His music is really pop -tavern with not much focus on the oud at least in the albums.

However, I am sure he performs more of it at live concerts primarily at night clubs and bars. He's a very fun person always making jokes. I actually heard that recently he traveled to the U.S. for an eye examination. There might be a chance he'll get some of his sight back (according to the newspapers).

JC1907

Go To Top