Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 09:02 PM
Esimate degree to Nazih Ghadban

jshaker
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 03:34 AM

There are many ways to deal with a problem like this in a civilized manner. No need to trash the forum with so many offensive threads.
Elias
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oudy

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 05:01 AM

Yiu have no right to offend this way and consider this degree toilette paper and just downloadad from a who knows website, that is original and for your knowledge i noticed that he got it right in the days they gave to him..

By the way, Mr Ghadban is an honest man and very kind berson, a gentleman for the way i know him. He is also a great luthier, i love his ouds so much that he is now building me my THIRD Ghadban oud, while the first two was already great in finish and sound.

The keys matter is obviously due to the great stressing travel/flight the oud has done, it's normal it happened also with my ouds and other instruments, also depends from contact with new climate and humidity but it resolved with time. If you don't know this kind of things it's possible that you have no great experience in these instruments...

The dead bee is not a nice thing you're right, but also this is a possible thing to happen,and not for Mr Ghadban choice, i found something inside my Nahat and inside my Double Bass, it's a possible thing with instruments having soundhole to project sound, the most important thing is that this never compromise sound...it seems that you don't care about the most important thing of an oud if you want to play it: The sound.

In the end, if a person like you want to put religious and ethnic questions inside a discussion like this, with so offensive words and with such an arrogance, he show us only his poor intelligence,also if he could be right in the matter. Reading posts full of such absurd words it's something that you don' t expect also from a ten years old child, and i think it's better if you learn to control yourself...
Sorry, but this is te fact.
salamat
elias

p.s.i agree with who suggest that is better to close all these topics...
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 06:44 AM

Dear Mr. Ghadban,

I have deleted many posts in this thread, as well as the other threads where sam posted. I was happy to see numerous members come to your defence yesterday, and I read how Jonathan wrote that you do not need to defend yourself and your work speaks for itself. I AGREE 100% with him and the others. I apologize for the unsubstantiated slander, and I am happy to have you as a member of these forums. Please do not let the unfortunate threads of yesterday upset you.

Regards,
Mike

Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 11:53 AM

I didn't read all of the posts made by him. I only had to read 2 or 3 before I made the decision to ban him. Also, if you consider him to be the finest person you know, I feel sorry for you. He not only attacked people here on these forums, but also sent obscene notes via personal email. It's obvious that some people have a lot of growing up to do.

Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 01:47 PM

Mike,

It would appear that "bassamouds" registered for the forums after you deleted the offending threads and banned some members. Therefore, I find it hard to undrstand how he (or she) could have such intimate knowledge of the previous posts. I note also, a return to the threats of physical violence. This time, a repeat of the threat against Mr Ghadban, but there have been similar threats made against other forum members. I would suggest you give your backup copies of all the offending posts to the police and let them handle this before it becomes a more serious issue.

Greg
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 01:58 PM

What a pain this board must be. Look at the garbage Mike puts up with. He pays for the board out of his own pocket, not to mention the time involved in keeping this thing going. A ton of hours, I am sure. In return, headaches. It all seems pretty thankless.
Take it easy, Mike. You are doing a great job. This, too, shall pass.

SamirCanada

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 02:30 PM

Your right Greg this is strange indead.
Iam Lebanese and right now I feel extreemly proud to be Lebanese especialy after the remarks he made last nite. He said he didnt like his own kind and he was ashamed to be Lebanese.. well that makes me prouder because he's not associated with true lebanese people. Also I see how he said he wants to go back and finish his life in the mountains.(hopefully soon) after he talks bad about the country. He is delusional if he thinks money and power brings you all you need. Lebanon isnt like that If you think comming from america with all your money and flaunting it. I think its been shown often times that lebanon has no patience for people like this.
Anyways Iam getting into something I dont want to have all the members go through again. But I just had to get it off my chest.
Jonathan I admire your wisdom,
and I wont post anything on the subject anymore.
Lets carry on.
Samir.

Ps: Mike all I can do is give you my full suport in your actions and in you.
These forums are yours and you built them from scratch. It was like I saw someone taking a crap on a friend's front yard. I guess this best describes my feelings at the time.
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 02:50 PM

"It was like I saw someone taking a crap on a friend's front yard"

hehe, funny analogy. Just kiddin samir, didn't mean to pick on you ;). I still haven't forgotten to buy a webcam. But as soon as I do, we can start having those online lessons.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 05:57 PM

Hehehe what can I say Man...
your not picking on me in anyway... now that I read it I can laugh with you. It just came out like that.
Either way I cant wait to hear your shehata again. The last time I heared it the strings were just settling in and you had just gotten it so the sound was still raw.
Take care bud
cshrem
Oud Maniac

Mood: feeling oudy

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 07:51 PM

Dont even talk about mike or Nazih Ghadban like that, Thats really not right how you come and ridicule when you didnt even read everything

Charlie S.
cshrem@gmail.com
NYC NY,USA
Mike
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 06:52 AM

hey guys,

yeah, it was definitely the same individual. it's all good. this will pass. let it have it's fun for a few days until it finds something else to do.

take care,
mike

japan
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 07:01 AM

Mike,

I've got an idea, Why don't you ban his IP! I have used XMB, all what I did was going to the Administration Panel and clicked on IP Banning. Then entered the IP address that I wanted to ban from the forums. It's worth trying.

Best Regards,

Go To Top