Printable Version  
Author: Subject: my first try ... :$
CenkMan
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 07:17 AM
my first try ... :$

Dear borthers and sisters,

2 years ago i bought my first oud in Istanbul, where I originally come from. My roots are there :D. One year later I bought a new one, one of a better quality. I must admit I love it's sound. :airguitar:

To that time I had no experience in music theory. I never played an instrument before, couldn't even read music notes.

But from the first time i heard this wonderful instrument, I fell in love with it. I always wanted to learn playing the oud. So actually my dream of that time came true.

I live in Germany, where it is nearly impossible to get lessons on the oud. The next teacher is 500 km away from where i live :(

But thanks to a short introduction to the basics of the oud by a friend in Istanbul I could start going on.
At this point I have to mention that without the help of my two brothers Spyros Koliavasilis and Mavrothi Kontanis I would have lost this "competition". I love you kardesims.

I know I am still at the beginning but i also know that I am on the right way to fullfill my dream.

My track is not comparable with all the wonderful files other users have attached to their topics. But I just wanted to post it to show that I am also a part of all the oud lovers around the world :rolleyes:

I'd love to hear your critics. I hope you like it.

Sincerely,
Cenk

And here's the file

Perisanim Simdi
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
san3any
Oud Maniac

Mood: Prove that 0=1

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 02:00 PM

GOOD JOB
mustafa
Oud Maniac

Mood: oud moud

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 03:50 PM

you say you've only been playing for two years and with no teacher that is pretty good!
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 7-24-2005 at 03:18 PM

great job keep it up post more
and what are the notes for that makum
thx sammy

Go To Top