Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My new Elie Yammine
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 12:13 AM
My new Elie Yammine

Here is a sample of my newly aquired Yammine oud. I waited for the strings to settle a bit before posting something. Also I had the chance to perform for the first time at a chicha café in Ottawa. I linked up with a singer who sings Oum Koulthoum and presented 5 songs. It went really well and we only had good comments so Iam happy with the way it went. Its a really good feeling to be past that stage.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 07:27 PM
Sorry didnt pay attention to the size

here it is. Its just some fooling around to give an Idea of the sound of my new oud. Hope you like
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 7-26-2005 at 05:21 PM

sup samir
whast doin on yr oud sounds loud and great its has likea lite sounds to it and bass is deep that what i love about it

and yr taqeem was great 2
thx sammy
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 7-28-2005 at 08:15 PM

Hey Samir,

Great job bro, I don't know why I didn't see this recording till now but you are improving way fast man. I can actually notice some structure in ur taqassim now. The modulation toward the end was pretty nice. The last 20-30 seconds will sound awesome when u clean up some of those wrong notes. As far as your new oud goes, I am hearing a lot of clicking and I think that it may be becuase of how much of the risha u are leaving between ur thumb and the strings. Try holding the risha a little closer to the tip, I bet that will make ur oud resonate much better. If u haven't bought a risha from Jameel yet, u should look into it. Its $20 but its well worth it.
waloud
Oud Admirer

Mood: sad

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 03:47 AM

salam alaikum, your oud sounds very nice mashala. where and for how much did you buy it? thank you

Go To Top