Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: chamber music festival
billkilpatrick
Oud Junkie

Mood: what?

[*] posted on 7-26-2005 at 02:09 AM
chamber music festival

in addition to a small jazz festival we do here in town every year (tuscany, italy) nearby, there is an equally small but very enjoyable chamber music festival.

so far the repertoire has favored european composers from the 19th cent..

by way of a break from brahms, i would like to suggest to the organizers of the festival that an oud player be given a slot in the program. would anyone be able to recommend sites of classical oud players with mp3 samples of their playing?

sincerely - bill
Stefan Andalus
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-26-2005 at 09:59 PM
chamber recording in September

On September 12th, members of the San Francisco Symphony and the fine Palestinian-American oudist Saed Muhssin will be recording my classical chamber piece "Ghazal of the Morning" in San Francisco's finest sound studio. I believe this will be the first time the the oud will be used in the context of European-American classical chamber music. The piece will be sent to Yo-Yo Ma, and our hopes are that we can do for the oud what my friend Wu Man has done for the Chinese pipa - to bring it to the attention and respect of a musical circle in which it is mostly unknown. Wish us luck!
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 7-27-2005 at 03:32 PM

Actualy for those interested the largest chamber music festival in the world is goin on as we speak in Ottawa. I dont have much info on it but its all over the web.
Cheers
SAmir

Go To Top