Printable Version  
Author: Subject: latest recording
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 09:58 AM
latest recording

Hello all,

After many weeks of studying for exams, I finally got a few minutes to record some new things i've learned. I hope there is an apparent improvement from the last recording and above all, I hope it sounds. Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Adnan
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 06:15 PM

hey adnan
very well done i like it alot

hiow did yr exams go i sure it went good
keep it up
thx sammy
san3any
Oud Maniac

Mood: Prove that 0=1

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 09:46 PM

GOOD JOB

I really like it...
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 10:35 AM

Hey Adnan great job on the recording really. I can say clearly that was better then the first recordings you posted way back. Much more control on the risha then me. And speaking of that, I followed your advice on risha technique. I figured out I was holding the risha way too losely. And when I was doing a tremolo I was letting it bouce between my index and thumb. I tried focussing on using more my wrists and it already pays off big time. Once again I liked the recording a lot. I would suggest using a better mic just because I dont think the one you have now can handle the true sound of your shehata.
Peace!
keep in touch
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 01:41 PM

Hey Samir,

I know exactly what your talking about. When I first started playing, everyone kept telling me to not hold the risha too tightly and I was never getting the proper sound out of my oud. I got to a point where I said just screw it, I'm just going to see what gives me the best sound and if I keep doing it and nothing hurts, why do it any other way? I finally got to the point where I reached the right balance of strength of grip and how you stroke the strings to where I was playing comfortably and getting a nice sound. Regarding the microphone, what exactly do I need to get good recordings? right now, i'm just using a cheap computer mic I paid like 12 bucks for. I looked into buying a small recorder that lets u mix different tracks and such but I found that would cost me about $300. What did u have in mind?
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 10:44 AM

well many household Audio receivers have a input for microphone. Just look around and see if you have one wich allows you to input a mic. Then a mic that sounds great you can find for around 70 to 100$ what I did was I got a RCA cable that turns into a 1/8 inch jack to fit in my line in on my pc's sound card. Make shure that when you send something in your Sound card, it is not amplified. I mean that it should still be a signal but not amplified by the receiver. Some receivers have a rec output wich allows for that. You could also get a mixer but that just starts to add $ to the whole story. u2u me if you want other ideas.

Go To Top