Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  15
Author: Subject: Abadi el Johar (Oud Festival in Oman files added)
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 5-20-2005 at 02:34 PM

Abadi is fantastic here. Thanks a lot for this file, man.

TP21

elrabee3
Oud Junkie

Mood: in LOVE

[*] posted on 5-20-2005 at 11:21 PM

thanks guys, i m glad that u liked that file,,

here are two more files from the same recording, small taqaseem followed by songs,

the first one is a taqaseem based on farid's famous taqaseem of his song "Ish Anta", followed by abadi's first song, ya gazal.

the 2nd one is a famous song of abadi, what attracts my attention is abadi played at the begining the same way Farido playedthe oud in his song "la wa a`yneyek"

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
san3any
Oud Maniac

Mood: Prove that 0=1

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 05:37 AM

Thanks rabeee3ooooo......Nice... :)
poyol
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

thumbup.gif posted on 9-7-2005 at 02:19 PM

[HI MIKE
----------------------------------------
is web is vere good ha ;)is web :applause:
poyol
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 9-7-2005 at 02:24 PM

lok is oud is :airguitar:
poyol
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 9-7-2005 at 02:30 PM

hi
lok is web http://www.maqam.org/history.htm
oudmad
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-8-2005 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elrabee3
another taqaseem

I'm a great admirer of Abaadi. Are his taqaaseems on CDs? Second the link takes u to the site but where is the video? I'm new and my Arabic is weak. Thanks. If anyone knows of an oud player in Miami, please let me know, Thanks.
oudmad
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-17-2005 at 08:20 AM

Quote:
mmm, what can i say about Abadi ??
simply, he is my fav oud player after Farido.
like Farido, he is singer, composer and great oud player. he is a self-tough oudist, and he learned the oud at a young age (11)

well, i will post more info ans stories about him and the oud later, but for now, u can enjoy watching him playing oud

Can anyone do me a great favor and tell me if ANY of Abadi's taqaaseem are on ANY CD? So much of what he plays appears to be mainly for entertainment purposes. How sad that we may watching the passing of such a great artist without quality recordings of his art, like many other artists, including, al Qasabji and even Umm Kulthum. The great difference is that Abadi is still with us but sadly, no one seems to be taking advantage of modern technology to preserve his art for always.
oudmad
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-17-2005 at 08:27 AM
Abadi

Please do me a great favor and let me know if ANY of Abbadi's taqaaseem are available on ANY CD (and where to get them). It is such a pity that such a great artist should be playing to an audience when little of his art is available for always. This seems so common among middle eastern artists. One has to go to great lengths just to hear old clips many of which are not of high quality recording, despite all the modern technology at our dispposal. We may be witnessing the passing of yet another great artist and later when he's gone, there is little to remember him by. I am talking about instrumental art and not singing. Thanks and regardless, whatever is posted here is greatly appreaciated; anything is better than nothing.
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-17-2005 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
mmm, what can i say about Abadi ??
simply, he is my fav oud player after Farido.
like Farido, he is singer, composer and great oud player. he is a self-tough oudist, and he learned the oud at a young age (11)

well, i will post more info ans stories about him and the oud later, but for now, u can enjoy watching him playing oud

I finaly found all his songs at MAZIKA with the help of the Oudman and i was under the impression that it is only Taquaseem oud but one music and the rest is singing.Thanks to you Oudman. Best regards Samir ,California
elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 05:36 AM

recently, there was a special tribute show for abadi in Rotana Khalijya channel, and the members of abady-aljohr.com forum recorded it and here is one o part of the show that abadi is showing few of his ouds that he kept in his house (MUST SEE), check el-qasbji oud that abadi bought (the oud made in 1911, and i think it is Nahat oud)
abadi and his ouds

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 06:04 AM

Hi Jaber,

Thank you so much for this file. It was great. I loved checking out Abadi's music room. I noticed most of the ouds he talked about were made by Maurice. ;) Also, we saw how emotional he was when he spoke about the oud he has that was owned by Talal Al Maddah. What a cool guy. I hope to meet him next month when I go to Egypt. By the way, I am almost positive now that Usstaz Farouk Shehata made that oud. You can hear him playing this oud at this link: http://www.mikeouds.com/video/abadi_paris.ram

Thanks again for a great post,
Mike

elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 07:20 AM

thnaks mike for ur comments, did u notice el qasbji oud, he said he entred an auction to buy that oud. is it Nahat??

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
amfuente
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 11:19 AM

Thanks so much elrabee3 for the video. It is very exciting to get a glimpse into Abadi's music room. I do not speak Arabic, but inspiring, nonetheless. Can anyone provide translation - at least what he says about instruments?
Sidi
Oud Maniac

Mood: Very Sad...

thumbup.gif posted on 9-23-2005 at 12:12 PM
Abadi's Paris oud

Hi everyone,

This has got to be one of the finest threads on the forum. Rabee3 you bring the goods once more bro, thanks a lot. Abadi is not only a great artist...he's a wonderful person, as you could see from the video.

Mike I hate to contradict you bro, but the oud Abadi kissed was a gift from Talal el Maddah. It is not the one Abadi plays in Paris. This gives me a chance to show you a great video of Abadi playing Adel Horouf on the Paris oud, which is indeed made by Maurice.

I wanted everyone to see the fine details, so I made a 21MB version of the video. Abadi plays this piece with a relaxed style and lot of soul. The download will remain active for 14 days starting today. If you need it again, please contact me.

You can grab the file here: Abadi Plays Adel Hourouf (6:28-21MB)

Enjoy,

Sidi:wavey:
Sidi
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 12:34 PM
Video Frame:

Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 02:10 PM

Hi Sidi,

Mr. Observant is your new nickname! You are right my friend...they are different ouds. Mo told me today when I mentioned this video to him that the oud from Talal el Maddah was indeed sent to him by Talal's wife after he had passed away, and it was one of their ouds when his father was still alive. I still think the one in the video you uploaded (great video by the way) is from the days of Mo's dad as well. I dunno, maybe not.

Jaber...thanks again for the great video. As far as the Qasabji oud...i'm not sure. It could be a Nahat or even a Gamil Georges. I also heard from Adel that he used to love the ouds of Abdel Aziz el-Lacy as well. So it might be one of his ouds also. Maybe Sidi could find out for us. :-)

Take care guys,
Mike

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 02:30 PM

Great videos, guys. How nice to be able to see videos with such high quality. It makes a huge difference. I'm always amazed at how subtle Abadi's right hand is---the movements are so minute. Nothing extra to achieve the sound he's after.

elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 04:13 PM

thanks alot Sidi for that AMAZING clip, abadi emotions when he is playing the oud is unbelivable, it is like the oud become part of his body and translate all of his emotions, his heart beating, his ideas to the beatiful tones.

Mike, as Sidi said, the oud that abadi used in Paris is not Talal oud. that oud abadi used in 1994 (most of his concerts and interviews at that year). BTW, the file that u are refering at is from his concert at Cann, not in Paris. that concert was few days before his Paris concert.

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 04:22 PM

well, here is the whole show that i mentioned before, just to make u know Abadi the singer, the composer, the oud player and the human.

i would like to thank all the members at abady-aljohr.com for their contributions to make abadi's art popular.

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 9-24-2005 at 10:24 AM

WARNING ( the link above ) abady-aljohr.com

Just would like to warn you that clicking on that linking instaled a malware virus on my computer
elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-24-2005 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SamirCanada
WARNING ( the link above ) abady-aljohr.com

Just would like to warn you that clicking on that linking instaled a malware virus on my computer

WHAT, i access that website almost everyday, and my PC is 100% clean, no viruses at all.

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 9-24-2005 at 11:47 AM

I dunno when I click it it installs a file named

moo.exe

do Alt Ctrl Del

then check the activities and see if you find a moo.exe aplication runing.
My antivirus detects it when I click on the link.
Let me know if you find something in your aplications runing.
Sidi
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-24-2005 at 01:15 PM

Hey there,

I'm glad you folks like the clip. At 21MBs, I hope enough people managed to download it. But I think it's absolutely worth the wait, there is a lot to learn from it. The work Abadi does with his left hand is wonderful. Notice how much he makes out of each string. Jameel this is why his right arm's movements are so discreet here.

Mike bro I need a better look at the Qasab oud to be able to tell. I've seen Kahleel Ibrahim el Gohary ouds with similar backs and overall shape, and I know Qasab used them. I can probably rule out Nahats and J.Goerges though. Maybe you'll ask Abadi if you manage to see him this year.

Going back to Rabee3's video, there is a disturbing bit of information that comes out of it at the end. Abadi underwent a surgery on his throat in London. The good news is, it's a success and he seems to be doing well. You can hear his phone call to the program from hospital after the operation. Allah ye3tih esseha wessalama.

-Sidi
elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-9-2005 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Check out a new video on the Video Page. Thanks to Saad in Jordan for providing me with this video clip. I'm not sure, but the oud looks like a Farouk Shehata. What do you think Mavro? Kinda looks like the one you had.

Enjoy!

mike, here is the same taqaseem plus the song from Abadi's concert in Can in 1994 from abady-aljohr forum

PLUS
as i mentioned before, the famous spanish taqaseem, the first time abadi playing it in a video recorded concert.
this is what i call the ULTIMATE MADNESS

Happy Eid :)

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
 Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  15

Go To Top