Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Just Got my new Oud from Japan
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:20 PM
Just Got my new Oud from Japan

I just got my Oud today from Japan ,would like to share it with you guys . It took 3 days to get it , I paid only $65.00 for shipping. It sounds great and I got my new Tortis RISHA from NewTortis and love it.
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:21 PM

One more
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:23 PM

One more
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:24 PM

One more :):)
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:24 PM

One before the Last
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:25 PM

Last for today
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:32 PM

Well here a few more
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:32 PM

One more
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:33 PM

The finish and the sound is very good..All the way from Japan in a hard case thats all and not one scratch...
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 07:35 PM

Nice and clean work . the Oud was made in 2001 In Dumuscos Syria
cshrem
Oud Maniac

Mood: feeling oudy

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 08:15 PM

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

Charlie S.
cshrem@gmail.com
NYC NY,USA
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 08:17 PM

Beautiful. Congratulations. $65 for 3 day delivery from Japan? That is incredible. I have spent that much (more) to send an oud from California to the midwestern USA.

syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 08:21 PM

Jonathan

This price was fully insured too. Thank you very much . i like it a lot. Very soon i am geting Two new Ouds that where ordered from Alasil , one oud has won the first prize in Amman's (Jordan) Oud festival and another nice oud.I will post them after i get them in a week or two.
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 08:24 PM

Jonathan.......

Thank you ...Where can I find Oud stands like you showing on your website ? Thank you Samir
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 08:30 PM

Samir, they are really guitar stands. Pretty cheap, about $7 or $8 each at any shop that sells guitars. Not perfect, because the bowl on an oud can be a little too deep for the stand, but you can modify them a bit and make it work. I always get the ones that are padded all over. I stopped using them, because I was getting nervous whenever I had company over--the ouds were too close to feet level. So, I built shelves and put the ouds face down. I know I should keep them in their cases, but I just can't do it.
Who made your oud? I love the wood, and the inlays on the back.

syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 09:13 PM

JONATHAN

The maker of this Oud is AWAD ELSHRK....Anwar Kubeh & sons . Damascus ,Syeia . was made in 10/15/2001 . I bought it it is brand new from Mr. Fushimi in Emmaza Market in Japan.
The Email of the oud maker is kebehoud@scs-net.org
Thanks for your info , I bought some nice wooden from the guitar center and they did fall appart in the first use i am going to take them back, i have for my guitars the brand is Ultimate support they are nice i will see if they work...they are adjustable...I will buy for my new 4 Ouds that I just got and getting next week.
Well I have a big house where I have one room for all my Musical instruments except my Korg Oasys88 keyboard. That sits in my bedroom with my two Apple computers , I have to do a lots of work for music with a friend from Africa where he writes music and songs. But I am still recovering since Feb this year with my massive heart attack. That was my second....I am home most of the time but home as soon as i will feel better to start doing something. see my House is built up on top of the Lake so I go every evening after 6 for a walk , it is very relaxing up here and i am only 36 miles North of Los Angeles.
I will post the other pictures as soon as I will get the new Two Ouds one of them is a oud that won the first prize in Ammans(Jordan) oud festival , where i asked Mike about it and he said sam this Oud is very expensive .I said well ALASIL has good ouds and the sound is very good and # 1 product . I have one of his ouds. PRIMO. I just love them...So will keep you posted. salam Samir
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 09:23 PM

I hope your health improves with every day. The ouds, the lake--that is my kind of therapy.
You might want to think about putting the ouds on shelves, though, face down. It keeps them a little better protected, I think, than on the stands.
I keep all of mine in one room, and I keep a monitor in there for the humidity level, and I even put in an air filter, because the air out here in Cali is filthy (you know). I take better care of them than I do myself.

syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
I hope your health improves with every day. The ouds, the lake--that is my kind of therapy.
You might want to think about putting the ouds on shelves, though, face down. It keeps them a little better protected, I think, than on the stands.
I keep all of mine in one room, and I keep a monitor in there for the humidity level, and I even put in an air filter, because the air out here in Cali is filthy (you know). I take better care of them than I do myself.

I have a humidifire in that room and i keep it runing with a ceilling fan at %50 Humidity. To keep the instruments safe , It gets too hot here summer time and too cold winter.
But thaks for you wishing me improvement in my health and anytime you like you are welcome just give me a few days note so I can go to the Valley to KARABACH and buy from him meat for Barbeq. You are welcome with your family any time...Best wishes and regards... Sam
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-18-2005 at 09:58 PM

Thanks for the offer. I extend the same to you.

syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-19-2005 at 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Thanks for the offer. I extend the same to you.

Thank you...That is very kind of you...God bless talk to you soon....Samir
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 8-19-2005 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan...You might want to think about putting the ouds on shelves, though, face down. It keeps them a little better protected, I think, than on the stands....

I would advise NOT putting the oud face down as it could add stress on the face. This position would be ok if you place a spacer block under the bottom edge of the body to keep the bridge clear of the shelf and free from additional stress. Then there's the risk of falling off the shelf during a seismic event or accidental mishandling. I wouldn't risk my oud to any elevated storage situation as I have paid the price before. You could use the floor stand with the oud facing the wall for protection, no?
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-19-2005 at 07:35 AM

I would think that there would be more risk with the stand. Even if it facing the wall, the fact that it is in a stand means that it is angled, and that there is a lot of surface area of the face exposed.
I do use spacers so that there is no significant tension on the face. From what I have read, a lot of people do recommend the shelf approach but, of course, the case would be the safest. Your experience, though, is a lot greater than mine.

syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-19-2005 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Oud
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan...You might want to think about putting the ouds on shelves, though, face down. It keeps them a little better protected, I think, than on the stands....

I would advise NOT putting the oud face down as it could add stress on the face. This position would be ok if you place a spacer block under the bottom edge of the body to keep the bridge clear of the shelf and free from additional stress. Then there's the risk of falling off the shelf during a seismic event or accidental mishandling. I wouldn't risk my oud to any elevated storage situation as I have paid the price before. You could use the floor stand with the oud facing the wall for protection, no?

Dr. Oud
So what you sugest ? I am not understanding ,, Yes on a stand with the Back facing me ? How about that , that is the way I have it face facing the wall...Thank you very nice to hear new advice from a Person like you . I saw your Video that was amaizing. Regards Samir California
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 8-19-2005 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by syrianoud....So what you sugest ? I am not understanding ,, Yes on a stand with the Back facing me ? How about that , that is the way I have it face facing the wall....

Yes, even better in a corner with the oud's face against the wall and the back towards the room. if you have children or pets in the house, the case is the best place.

syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-19-2005 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Oud
Quote:
Originally posted by syrianoud....So what you sugest ? I am not understanding ,, Yes on a stand with the Back facing me ? How about that , that is the way I have it face facing the wall....

Yes, even better in a corner with the oud's face against the wall and the back towards the room. if you have children or pets in the house, the case is the best place.

Thanks for the good advice, If in the hard case should it be opened at all time ? I have a humidifire controler in that room with a cielling fan on all day long. I keep it at %45 to %50 humidity. It is very important ,My next door niebour left for a week and came back and his guitar was crap. Real bad ...See Dr. Oud This site makes you learn a lot about Ouds and it works for other instruments like my Guitars and other instruments. Thank you Kindley... Samir California
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top