Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I Need 2 buy OUD
salwan7
Oud Admirer

Mood: Just wana OUD.

[*] posted on 3-2-2003 at 10:56 AM
I Need 2 buy OUD

Hello.. how are u every1... i am looking 2 buy an OUD... i am Iraqi 21 years old live in Ont Canada.. i have no information about them.. i know music and i play drums... .i need help.. please if u have any info

e-mail me @

salwan7@yahoo.com

and tell me maybe what i need 2 know before i buy 1 or please... tell me where i can find nice 1.... again i have NO idea about them... thanks.

YOURS Salwan7

Salwan7
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-2-2003 at 04:29 PM

Hello,

What kind of oud or oud music are you interested in playing? If you are interested in Iraqi ouds, I suggest visiting Iraqi Ouds, and getting in touch with Ronny. For Turkish ouds, get in touch with Jameel, who's oud you can see here, or Hank Levin. Try the Oud Home Page message board to reach Hank. For Arabic ouds, I can help you. Send me an email.

Best of luck,
Mike

mawoud
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-8-2003 at 10:19 PM

Hi Salwan,
I have a professional brand new Syrian oud made by a well known oud maker, Ibrahim Sukkar. If you are interested, let me know and I can provide you with pictures.
Good luck.
Nader
rivo
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-9-2003 at 09:08 AM
Ouds

Dear Salwan,

I think Mike asked the most important question, you should decide the kind of Oud and Music you want to play, also it would be very helpful if you told us your budget, this will let us recommend an Oud for you.

Best Regards

Raafat
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

Mood: play my ouds

thumbup.gif posted on 11-9-2003 at 11:28 PM
Well,try to see our site too

You can see our ouds,syrian,turkish,egyptian and Bashir-Iraqi on http://www.dimitrisouds.com
Regards and respect
Spyros:wavey:
pevelg
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 06:37 PM
Also looking for an Oud

Hello All,

Truly a great website this is!!! I have loved middle eastern music and the Oud. I am currently learning the guitar, yet I wish to obtain an Oud. I want one that is of very high quality, rich in sound, and a deep sound. I am currently looking at two Ouds on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=623&...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=623&...

Please help me find a good one!!!!

P.S. I do not know much about this instrument, yet love the music. I listened to the videos of Afif Taian (and the others) and wish to learn that style of music. Also, can you play chords on the Oud?

Pevel G.
----------
Email: pevelg@ownmail.com
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 08:10 PM

Just in regards to your chords question... of course you can. I'm glad that one of your first visual experiences of the oud was a video of Afif Taian.

I'm also glad that so many people are suddenly getting very interested in the oud. More power to ya!

In regards to which one you should get... I don't prefer either of the two. The face of the first just doesn't do it for me, and the second seems like it could potentially be good... the sound file with it sounds pretty good. It's always important to hear what the oud will sound like, and see if it agrees with your taste.

TP21

pevelg
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-11-2003 at 04:26 PM
More Questions

Are the prices good for those two ouds at ebay???

What is the diffrence between turkish and arabic ouds?

I read in a place that there are ouds with 13 strings, not the usuall 11. Which would be better?

I just watched the video posted by elrabee3 of Abadi el Johar playing the Oud. (file is: http://www.25q8.com/clip/69.rm) and I just love the way he plays it, including execution of chords!!! What type of Oud is he using and what style is that???

I am currently practicing the mandolin so I can learn to use the pick before I buy an Oud (I use fingers for my guitar). Where can you buy those long picks most Oud players use?

Finally, is there any cord diagrams available and what tunning is best for playing chords???

Thanks for all your help!!! :D

Pevel G.
----------
Email: pevelg@ownmail.com

Go To Top