Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: looking for phaser PLEASE I NEED YOUR PEASE HEELP!
yoram
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-26-2005 at 03:21 AM
looking for phaser PLEASE I NEED YOUR PEASE HEELP!

HI all

Please I need Your Help.

I play Turkish Saz been playing Saz almost for 15 years. i always have problems with my phasing machins!!!!

is there anyone who can tell me what brand and model number of Phaser effect machine to use with E saz/baglama??
I'm sick of looking and asking and buying these machines and i have tried almost all of them but didn't get no where :(
the only phaser i didn't try was MXR 100 they told me its a good one and i thought i have found what i have been looking for and i went and paid $400.00 for it but as allways i was unlucky again:(

So please if you know what is the best Phaser unit to be used with E saz let me know.

Thank you.
tezza
Oud Addict

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 10-29-2005 at 02:02 AM

yoram,

I don't play the electric saz, just a normal (very quiet) one, but being a musician for too many years to remember, the MXR Phase 100 has always been a fantastic phaser -- widely considered to have no peer for guitarists who want that sound. I used to love mine and indeed the guy I lent it to loved it even more and never gave it back! I don't understand what you're saying, did you buy one and not like it?
yoram
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-30-2005 at 06:06 AM

Hi tezza.

Well i bought my MXR phaser100 after i heard from a guy who plays saz and i heard on of the trucks which played in the phasing sound was good to me and when i asked him what phaser unit he used he said i got an old MXR 100. so i went and bought one but i cant tune it to what i can hear from thats truck..
MXR is very good phaser (better than Boss) the problem with it dosn't give an option to control its debth. thr only pre set INTENSITY. it might sound much better( good to me) if i had an option to control the debth of it....

anyway i wont give up looking and trying what it will come up.

Thanks again tezza
Marina
Oud Junkie

Mood: Enthusiastic

[*] posted on 11-1-2005 at 05:20 AM

hi guys,
what is phaser? :rolleyes:
tezza
Oud Addict

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 11-1-2005 at 10:39 PM

It's an 'effect' that you put on an electrical musical instrument or a voice to alter its sound. It's easier to listen to the effect than try to explain it! Here's a link with a sample:
http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/electronics/mxr/products/m107.htm...

This effect is commonly used on the electric saz and it's pretty wild stuff.
eliot
Oud Junkie

Mood: Aksak

[*] posted on 11-4-2005 at 02:55 AM

You might also want to try the Electro-Harmonix phasers - the Small Stone can work well on baglama.

The MXR Phase 90, EVH edition, sounds different than the 100 and also might provide the sound you like.
Wm. De Leonardis
Oud Maniac

Mood: AOK

[*] posted on 11-4-2005 at 04:38 AM

Yoram,

You might look into the Line 6 Modulation Modeler.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINMM4

The unit features several types of "classic" phasers, as well as other effects. I have several of their "stomp boxes" and find them be well built and great sounding.

William

Go To Top