Printable Version  
Author: Subject: An Oud Virtuoso "Samir Tahar"
Tecladista
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

info.gif posted on 10-30-2005 at 04:30 PM
An Oud Virtuoso "Samir Tahar"

Samir Tahar

Samir Tahar was born in 1940 in Mostaganem, a Western Algerian town on the Mediterranean. He came from a family of musicians, and attended the El-Masrah Essaidia school of music, where he was taught the rudiments of traditional Arabo-Andalusian singing and how to play the oud. He then went on to study music at the Institute of Arab Folk Music in Oran, where he was introduced to the art of taqasim. He has played the oud at music festivals in the Arab World and Europe, and given a number of lectures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oud
(Club du Disque Arabe AAA136)

This CD contains a number of taqasim for solo oud on some of the fundamental maqamat of Arab music. The CD is part of the 'Les Virtuoses' series from Club du Disque Arabe, which also includes Farhan Sabbagh. An excellent recording from a master of taqasim.

1. Maqam Bushalik 7:13
2. Maqam Bayati 7:16
3. Maqam Higazi 9:36
4. Maqam Ajam 4:11
5. Maqam Nahawand 9:28
6. Maqam Rast 9:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taqsim Oud
(Club du Disque Arabe AAA165)

Another CD in the 'Les Virtuoses' series from Club du Disque Arabe featuring Samir Tahar. The virtousity of the Algerian oud master is again displayed in this second collection of taqasim. This is an essential CD for Arab-style oud enthusiasts.

1. Maqam Kurdi 8:42
2. Maqam Hisar 10:28
3. Maqam Hijaz-Kar 17:16
4. Maqam Sultani-Iraq 9:23
5. Complainte Hsine 4:39

Magic Ud
(Next Music CDS8921)

This CD, one of a pair of new releases by Samir Tahar, contains five beautiful taqasim in various maqamat, with detailed notes on each.

1. Taqsim Maqam Rast 7:54
2. Taqsim Maqam Bayati 8:26
3. Taqsim Maqam Nahawand 9:10
4. Taqsim Maqam Hijaz 10:40
5. Taqsim Maqam Iraq 7:35

Dreams: Ud and Voice
(Next Music CDS8973)

Another recent release from the Algerian master, this recording presents a selection of (sometimes live) solo oud taqasim and oud/vocal pieces.

1. Maqam Bushalik (Taqsim Ud en Live) 7:50
2. Maqam Bayati (Taqsim Ud) 4:36
3. Yah Adra (Chant Andalou - Ud et Voix) 4:21
4. Maqam Kurdi (Taqsim Ud) 7:16
5. Maqam Hissar (Taqsim Ud) 7:11
6. Fejaten (Chant d'Amour - Ud et Voix) 5:36
7. Maqam Sultani-Iraq (Taqsim Ud) 8:11
8. Ya Habibi (Chant Andalou - Ud, Daf et Voix) 7:01
9. Jaya (Chant Bedoui Algerien) 5:59
10. Teskounou (Taqsim en Live) 10:48

This info is from:

http://www.oud.eclipse.co.uk/tahar.html
(Thanks a lot David!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Tecladista
Oud Lover

thumbup.gif posted on 10-30-2005 at 04:44 PM
Samir' sTaksim

Here is the taksim:
http://rapidshare.de/files/10394100/Sameer_Tahar_-_Taksim_Bayati.mp...

Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!:buttrock:
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
David Parfitt
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-31-2005 at 04:04 AM

Dear Tecladista

Please do not copy large chunks of text from my website like this without proper acknowledgement.

Thank you

David Parfitt
Tecladista
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-2-2005 at 03:11 PM

I don ot know that is from your website. I Have the same info that was sen to me from a friend from France. My apologies if you are angered. That was not my intenttion. I have a lot of info about Samir and I have the pleassure that know him from mail. I am do not going to put anything more if I do not corroborate if before.:wavey:
David Parfitt
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-3-2005 at 12:46 AM

Dear Tecladista

That's ok, I understand. The text was actually copied from the following page on my website:

Samir Tahar

Please could you either remove the text above or add a proper acknowledgement of its source.

Thanks

David

Go To Top