Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Varjabedian oud
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-1-2005 at 12:31 PM
Varjabedian oud

Mike, I hope you don't mind me putting this up again. I know I posted a thread like this back in 2004, but so many people have joined this site, I thought I would put it up again.
I am trying to find any ouds or lutes made by my grandfather, Sam Sarkis Varjabedian, who was based in Detroit, Michigan from the 1920s until 1963. I would love to purchase any of them, in any condition whatsoever. Or, at the very least photograph them, or obtain photos of them.
I thought that the number that he made could not have been more than 100 or so, but now I think it might be quite a bit higher, because I have learned that a label on one of his ouds from 1934 is marked "Number 56", which I am guessing refers to the number of ouds he had made at that time. The number of lutes that he made, however, I am certain is quite small.
If you guys can help in any way, I would appreciate it.

Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 11-1-2005 at 12:43 PM

The forum police are gonna be knocking at your door in 10 minutes. How dare you do this Jonathan???? :mad:

Just kidding my man. ;)

Jonathan
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-18-2007 at 03:35 AM

Just in case anybody who has joined the forums recently finds one, I am putting up this post.
Thanks a lot.

excentrik
Oud Junkie

Mood: Now Here, Nowhere...

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 12:17 PM

Jonathan-

did you ever think about utilizing google ads? (they are the ads that pop up on the side of your search results). the people who own your Grandfathers Ouds may just be online- use keywords like- armenian, arabic, music, etc.

your ad could say: NEED VARJABEDIAN OUDS- or something like that- you just might get some responses from people who dont know about the forums- plus the ads only cost you if they are clicked.... just trying to help.

tarik (I dont work for google...hahah)

Go To Top