Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: rare mohammed fadels.
SAGR QURAISH
Oud Junkie

Mood: SPONTANIOUS

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 10:26 AM
rare mohammed fadels.

hey all...its been a while for me in this site....well im in saudi right now and u will not believe what i came across.. 2 rare ouds by the great mohammed fadel...one made in 1965 which has had the face restored by fathi ameen...and the other in 1968 in great shape.....hey mike i have a video of both ouds being played by me at the owners shop.. should i try to upload them or would u rather have em in pic...but with out the video there will b no sound . since i cant take the ouds to my house.loool .. both instruments r for sale btw.
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 12:17 PM

Sure...go ahead and attach them Sagr. If they are too big, you can email them to me.

Stefan Andalus
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 01:50 PM

Would you know the general price range of the instruments? Thank you.
OudMaster
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-13-2005 at 06:03 AM

We are waiting !!:shrug:
SAGR QURAISH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-13-2005 at 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Andalus
Would you know the general price range of the instruments? Thank you.

yes well we all know that these are very rare instruments..made in the late 1960's so im sure u can imagine....1968= $2700 without shipping
1965=$3200
that ones more cuz of the restoration made by fat7i ameen and the fact that its made in 1965.
the one in 1968 is a 6 course bashir. i will b posting the video soon.. both are made with saj wood which is i believe indian wood.. the other is a 5 coarse...the labels are still there ..the one that has the face restored has the label with a small indication that fat7e ameen has restored it. both have moh7md full name and picture with him holding the oud.but in the video its not so clear..but u will see dates and his full name.
SAGR QURAISH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-13-2005 at 07:51 AM

i will post the video as soon as i find the cable to d/l it to the pc...well i guess ill hear from those that r intrested soon.
..btw way there is also an italian oud made from mamboo....the back is made like a curve for each stave..i think some one posted some pic like that...that oud is 108 years old..considered an antique...not so sure how much he wants to let it go for...but im guessing very very high range...for a collecter or so.
Stefan Andalus
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-13-2005 at 03:43 PM

I'm looking forward to the pictures. I may be interested in a purchase when the sound clips and pictures are posted. I bet the sound is gorgeous and the workmanship has to be world class.
SAGR QURAISH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Andalus
I'm looking forward to the pictures. I may be interested in a purchase when the sound clips and pictures are posted. I bet the sound is gorgeous and the workmanship has to be world class.
SAGR QURAISH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 04:30 PM

HEY ALL...thanks for ur replies....yeah the sounds is magnificent.....just to be able to play it was such a great experiance for me......and the craftsmanship..well what can i say...we all know how they are especially in his early years which is when these ouds were made...ne ways soon u will see and hear them on the video im gonna upload.im in saudi until dec 15....so we have about a month to take care of everything if any are intrested.

Go To Top