Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 'Arabesques' recordings
David Parfitt
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-16-2003 at 08:45 AM
'Arabesques' recordings

Hi everyone!

I would like to ask whether any of you has the ‘Arabesques’ series of vinyl recordings (10 LPs) recorded by J-C Chabrier in the 1960s(?). The recordings include four discs of oud music by Jamil and Munir Bashir (Iraq), Omar Naqshbandi (Syria) and Jamil Ghanim (Yemen).

It would be great if someone could transfer these records to MP3 (or CD) format, so that our circle of oud enthusiasts could have access to this wonderful music. Can anyone help?

Best wishes

David

Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 11-18-2003 at 07:40 AM

Hi David,

I've never heard of these LPs. I'll check with my oud teacher, and if I can find them, I'll definitely let you know.

Mike

Daniel Donnell
Oud Admirer

Mood: Listening

[*] posted on 7-28-2004 at 06:39 PM
Arabesques LPs

Hello, David and Michael: I have several of the Arabesques LPs from the 1970s, including for oud: Munir Bachir, Omar Naqichbendi, and Jamil Ghanim ... and for nai: Selim Kusur and Hayri Tumer. The performances, notes, and recordings are excellent. I also have Salman Shukur's LP on Decca. Despite numerous inquiries over the years to a host of labels and organizations, I have never received a response about CD releases of these, and at one time I even offered to support a re-release in CD format. Soundlabs around here charge $30 to $70 a CD copy of an LP depending upon how much work they need. I live in Portland Oregon. Please respond to my e-mail address at soundpath@hotmail.com if you are really interested. Thank you, and make good music! - Daniel
freya
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy in the mountains of WNC

[*] posted on 7-29-2004 at 12:44 PM
Source

There seem to be some in stock at:

http://www.secondhandrecords.de/instock/index.php?genreid=58

Freya

Go To Top