Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: EBAY. oud Elie Yammine
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 03:21 PM
EBAY. oud Elie Yammine

Samir the price have a reserve so it has to pass that reserve price which might be $800 or a $1000 or more for someone to get it.If it stays under the reserve price no one gets that oud no mater how much money they palce bids on it.
Have you sold yours ? Ebay is not a good place for Ouds...It is good for $150 or $200 junkie ouds .Good once wont sell there.
I am trying to sell my KORG keybord it is a OASYS where I paid $9200 and havent used it since i am taking oud lessons,So it will be a waste to put it on Ebay.No one will pay $7500 what i am asking for it.i will have to advertise it in a News paper or a music magazine then it might sell.
Regards Samir,California
palestine48
Oud Junkie

Mood: Free Palestine

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 07:26 PM

Samircanada didnt you have this oud at one point. i remember you had 2.

Syrian oud, your selling your korg! I would love to have it but no way I can afford that. I am sure an experienced musician will find the price to be a bargain.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 10:18 PM

Nope never had this one. its in the states somewhere.
I have only had one of his, wich I still have.
The other ones he asked me to put up here for sale thats all.
Cheers.
Elie Riachi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Gebran Tueni Lives For Ever, 12-12-05.

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 03:08 PM

The oud by Elie Yamine which SamirCanada was selling a while back is much cleaner and looks much better made than this one on ebay. I almost wonder if this one on ebay is not a fake claiming to be an Elie Yamine oud. The reason I say this, look closely at the imperfection in the inlay of the left sound hole. There is also an imperfection in the inlay around the large hole. Also note how sloppy the positioning of the shamas is. It is either a counterfeit Elie Yamine oud or made by a rookie at the Yamine factory. I see a big difference in quality between the one SamirCanada was offering for sale and this one on ebay.

Elie Riachi
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 03:31 PM

Hey Elie,

I noticed some imperfections as well, specifically the bowl. The bowl on the ouds Samir showed us looked much cleaner. If this were a fake though, I think it would have to be a damn good one.
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 05:38 PM

Elie Yammine doesnt make ouds anymore. Thats what i herd from Lebanon.The Ouds with Elie yammine are made by A3wad Elshark..Anwar Kebbe and sons and when it gets to lebanon they put the Name of Elie on it.My Kebbe looks exactly as one of the Yammine ouds......
Regards Samir
Elie Riachi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Gebran Tueni Lives For Ever, 12-12-05.

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by syrianoud
Elie Yammine doesnt make ouds anymore. Thats what i herd from Lebanon.The Ouds with Elie yammine are made by A3wad Elshark..Anwar Kebbe and sons and when it gets to lebanon they put the Name of Elie on it.My Kebbe looks exactly as one of the Yammine ouds......
Regards Samir

If that is true... Ford, GM and other name brands do it so why not an oud maker I guess.. too bad :(. I suppose most oud player would rather pay for the oud than the label.
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 12:03 PM

Samir...I think that he lives in Canada with his Kids ,Or he spends time between Lebanon and Canada.

Go To Top