Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: sukar ouds
Hatem_Afandi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Learning

[*] posted on 12-25-2005 at 05:32 PM

I visited Syria on 97 for a business trip. I was fascinated with the workmanship they have with mother of pearl and woodwork. It is not unfair to say that the Syrians are the best in the world when it comes to that line of work.
It was my first time to regret not buying a oud from there too.
My second time was in Jakarta a few months later when I ran into a wonderfully sounding real old oud in an antique shop. I fell in love with it. My flight was just 2 hrs away and I just didn’t know how to carry it back with me to the US without damaging it.

Hey Rami
As usual, well said!
Let me commend you on your eloquence and intelligence.
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-25-2005 at 08:34 PM

Hatem _Afandi....Dont miss understand me .I love Syrian Ouds but maybe my luck was bad.I bought one and got screwed .paid $1200 and sold it for $500 never used it. And saw quite a few at peoples houses at least 4 of them where brand new and all strings BUZZING and very poor workmanship. I can take pictures but rather not,Since Sukar doesnt care of participate here or answer you Emails .Maybe he doesnt read English or doesnt want to deal with the USA afraid of Elasad.Since all what is going on between USA and Syria.
But all the people I know just asked people that went to Syria to buy it for them.
Try contacting Samir Azar and you will see that his ouds are in the $400 great ouds very reasnable and great quality.as soo as I sell one or two ouds and have space i will order one from Samir Azar.
It is just a matter of preference , i just hate someone to buy a Oud and there will be no backup you are on your own once you get it.
Best Regards and hope for a better 2006 . Salamat. Samir, california
Hatem_Afandi
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-25-2005 at 11:52 PM

Hi Samir,
I didn't misunderstand you. On the contrary, I find your posts quite informative.
I just wanted to participate in an interesting conversation. That's all.
I got hosed too on a oud by someone in Cairo. It is still sitting here in a huge case and I am really tempted to throw it in the garbage! I lost about $650 in the process!
Well, I did order a Samir Azar oud. It is almost ready. I already started a work-in-progress link for it. I will post it here as soon as I get the oud.
I believe Samir Azar is very talented and great to deal with.
He is getting me a case made by Sukar. As I mentioned before, I believe that Sukar cases are one o the best around. I will confirm when the oud arrives.
Thanks for the wishes. Best of luck for 2006,
Hatem
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-25-2005 at 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatem_Afandi
Hi Samir,
I didn't misunderstand you. On the contrary, I find your posts quite informative.
I just wanted to participate in an interesting conversation. That's all.
I got hosed too on a oud from someone in Cairo. It is still sitting here in a huge case and I am really tempted to throw it in the garbage! I lost about $650 in the process!
Well, I did order a Samir Azar oud. It is almost ready. I already started a work-in-progress link for it. I will post it here as soon as I get the oud.
I believe Samir Azar is very talented and great to deal with.
He is getting me a case made by Sukar. As I mentioned before, I believe that Sukar cases are one o the best around. I will confirm when the oud arrives.
Thanks for the wishes. Best of luck for 2006,
Hatem

Hatem as soon as i sell Three of my Ouds I am going to order a Oud from Samir Azar ,We write each other a lot ,he is a very talented guy.I like the way he thinks and trust me that one day Samir Azar will bcome famous with his ouds ,He does a great job and trust me I cant wait to order a Oud from him. I just need the space I have too many ouds I have a special order where I paid money to Viken Najarian and just cancelled since i am floaded with ouds and in a few Years I will be moving to Lebanon for Good.
Good Luck please post you Oud when you get it.
Sakamat Samir,California
palestine48
Oud Junkie

Mood: Free Palestine

[*] posted on 12-26-2005 at 08:40 AM

I wish someone can just buy a bunch of those cases and sell em here in the states. I would love one or two. Better than the soft gig bags that come with our ouds.

I to emailed samir a number of times and found him to be a great guy. The saddle on my current bridge for my oud is collapsing and I asked if he can make a substitute. Its not even his oud. he made 4 and didnt want to me charge for them. Unfortunanantly I never got them because he sent them through syrian air mail and i think they were confiscated in transit somewhere when reaching the states. But i felt bad considering the labor and effort he put into them. he truly is a nice guy.
Hatem_Afandi
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-26-2005 at 11:46 AM

Hi Ramy,
I think getting these cases is a good idea. However, shipping costs might be the problem unless there is a cheaper way to send them to the US.
Maybe you can contact Samir and discuss that issue with him. I would definitely get one for my Mauice oud.
Have a great day,
Hatem
samir
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 12-26-2005 at 03:26 PM

hi my friends
in fact i am trying to give this lovely instruments some of my love..
i like to see other makers going to the same purpose,and i hope i can cooperate with them to improve the craft together..
sukar is a sweet guy and i get the cases from his shop,and i wish the best to him and he do the same.
let us focus on how to improve the instrument together
love to all
samir azar
samiraz@scs-net.org

oud-samir
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
palestine48
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-30-2005 at 09:25 AM

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you know that I got a samir azar oud. Ive wanted one for a year and things worked out well. It was a nice christmas present to myself. It is a wonderful oud and my uncle whos played oud for over 30 years is impressed by the craftsman ship.

Samir is a great guy and he has emailed me with kind words several times. I highly reccomend you guys get one who is ever considering it. Hatem and Samir, Ca, I know you guys are getting one. Cant wait to hear them.

he thing has great sustain. I am not a very experienced musician so I go to my friend and I said man this thing reverbs. after calling me an aidiot several times, he goes no man thats sutain. that means you got a great oud.

take care guys and happy new year.

Thank you Samir Azar for building great instruments.
palestine48
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-30-2005 at 09:26 AM

I hit submit a bit early.

I wanted to also say thank you Stefan Andalus for the great hospitality and friendly transaction.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 12-30-2005 at 01:30 PM

Pictures Pictures !!
:D
samir
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 12-30-2005 at 01:49 PM
thanx

thank you Rami
you deserve the best
love
samir azar

oud-samir
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 12-30-2005 at 02:33 PM

Hey Mr Azar,

Are you're ouds Iraqi ouds or arabic ouds with the floating bridge?

Adnan
Hatem_Afandi
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-30-2005 at 03:09 PM

Congrats Rami,
I hope you enjoy it.
I am expecting my dear friend, the talented Samir, to finish my oud in a few days. I will post mp3's and pictures as soon as I get it.
Happy New Year,
Hatem
samir
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 12-30-2005 at 11:06 PM
ouds

hi revaldo29
i sent you a u2u
plz have a look :
http://www.samir-oud.8m.com/
welcome
samir azar

oud-samir
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top