Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: ALI KHALIFEH OUDS
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 12-28-2005 at 05:30 PM

Its fair to say that Ali Khalifeh's ouds are on the lowest end of the ouds available here so its no surprise that they are built with restricted attention to detail. Well they are cheap for just that reason. I have owned a recently made khalifeh and I have sold it. It wasnt a bad oud at all for what I had paid for it and for what it was used for wich is learning on. I dont think they pay attention to sound quality etc.. but the one I had was built solid and it didnt break after many close calls. If they were put in a box with no foam peanuts. BACK to BACK! wich is concentrating all the pressure on the spot the backs touch. Plus they had strings on. I think shipping a oud is not somthing to take so lightly if you are really interested for it to arrive safely. I havent ended up paying less then 100$ to ship a oud all locations combined. It always worries me when they advertise shipping for 30$ or so... It must be a small package. wich probably means they didnt use as much protection as possible.
Koukla
Oud Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-29-2005 at 12:08 PM

Samir, you are absolutely right about shipping. Both shipments were in small boxes, with NO foam peanuts.

I just thought they would be the perfect type of oud for my little 3 year old twin nephews to learn on, with adult supervision of course. They love the instrument. That's why I bought these particular ouds. The seller who sold them to me (not Khalifeh), hopefully will send me 2 more with the proper packing materials. I am waiting for his response.

Thanks for your input,
Koukla
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top