Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  13
Author: Subject: Forum Player's Taqsims and Songs
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 12-25-2003 at 04:55 PM

Yes, Mr. TP is quite thrilled right now. I hope your face keeps going red, because I'm sure a lot of people have some fantastic things to say about your playing. Nice risha techniques, man! Sounds professional to me. If I could give you a high five right now, I would. I honestly hope this isn't the last time you post a taqsim. If I'm not right, please correct me, but I'm guessing you like to listen to people like Abadi el-Johar and that whole school of playing.

Bring on some more people!

TP21

elrabee3
Oud Junkie

Mood: in LOVE

[*] posted on 12-25-2003 at 05:17 PM

alllah ya Emad, this is what i call a talnted oud player. :bowdown:
keep posting these stuff. the best description of this taqaseem is what we call in arabic "el sahl el momtanee`" ;)

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 07:05 PM
Can not thank you enough

Hello fine people

I can not thank you enough for you have made me feel that good about my oud playing. I do appreciate your nice words and I hope I am worthy of half of them.

I am lost for words with you Mr. TP21 and Jaber but I am sending another taqseem and I would like to dedicate it to all of you fine people wishing you all the best for the new year 2004 hoping for peace in the world.

Special thanks to Mike for we would not have all met if it was not for his great work on that site.

All the best to you all fine people.

Emad from Sydney
:bowdown:
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-27-2003 at 03:04 AM

Allah Allah Allah Allah!

I can't say it enough. Emad, you have an amazing talent to you. Even your maqam changes are amazing. All I can say is Allah! Ya salam! I especially like the part at 1:04, but don't get me wrong, I love the whole thing. Ya sidi!

Allah Allah Allah Allah!

TP21

elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-27-2003 at 09:02 AM

Emad, i am speachless.
tell us more about u, for how long u are playing oud, who taught u the oud ,etc..

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

Mood: Majnoun el Oud

thumbup.gif posted on 12-27-2003 at 02:17 PM
Great Job Y'all!!

First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy festivities to all y'all out there. Sorry I couldn't cook up a present for y'all, I can't record now coz I'm cleaning my computer from all the nasty spy and adware that got "downloaded" into it :shrug:

Now where were we?! :mad: AH yes!!

:applause:Woah guys :D Now is that a great thread or is that a GREAT thread?! What can i say? Mysticoud the file was great, like the one before. Khalid, heck with the apologies, u ain't done anything wrong or bad, bud ;) Saad, what can i say, ur the usual Saad, amazing!!
Now, Eyad from Sydney.... First of all welcome to forum (sorry I've been away for sometime to welcome u before). now that the formalities are done, let me continue TP's work by making u blush even more. You are amazing, wonderful, how can u do that?! Both taksims are great, however i find pleasure in listening to the first one. Simple, short, but brilliant (and one of my favorite maqams too). Thanx a lot for ur contribution :xtreme: Of course this means commitment, and two taksims aren't enough, so we're waiting for more, along with details about u (elrabee3's request).
Further more, I'd like to request from Saad and the others a taksim also on kurd, not that I want to compare, but simply coz I LOVE kurd, and want to collect ur taksims (knowing full well that each has his own style) and listen to it :D hope I'm not too picky in asking such a thing.

Peace for y'all,
Basel :D
Jameel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-27-2003 at 04:53 PM

Emad,

You are a real pro. I like your taqasim like I like Farid's or Abadi's (better!) None of this new age stuff. Glad to see there are those keeping the classic music alive:applause:

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-27-2003 at 06:42 PM

How do you guys get your file size down enough to post? I am using Cool Edit 2000 and can't seem to get anything under 2 meg. Any help?:rolleyes:

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-27-2003 at 06:49 PM

Jameel, I use a program that converts the file (wav, mp3, wma) into real player format. This is called the Helix Producer Plus 9 (Their Basic one can be downloaded by clicking here.)

If you want to post videos ever in real player format, you just use the same program. It deals with both videos and audio.

By selecting the file, then clicking Audiences, you remove everything except the 20 kbps (28k dialup), and then convert! If you have any questions, e-mail me.

I hope this will help everyone out there and get them to post more.

TP21

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-27-2003 at 07:19 PM

TP21,

Thanks for the tip, but I just figured out how to save real audio files w/ Cool Edit. It's one of those "advanced" tab things....

Ok. I've been wanting to post some playing, but have been a bit shy. I've only been playing for less than 2 years. Don't be afraid to criticize. :shrug:

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-27-2003 at 08:30 PM

Jameel, I love a nice, calm taqsim. Too often, the flashiness that takes so long for us to learn ends up drawing us in forever. It is good to know that you have both the serene and the exciting parts in your taqsim. You seem to be very comfortable with Nahawand. Don't disappoint us by not posting again. Bring it on, Jameelo!

By the way, is the oud your playing the one you made yourself? It sounds great.

TP21

sydney
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-28-2003 at 02:45 AM

Hello Fine people,

Jameel is that your name or is it the way you play? That was really cool taqseem, You almost put me to sleep in joy man.

You see guys , there are lots of fine people out there keeping up the good work.

:applause: Very good Jameel . All the best man. I was really moved by your taqseem

Emad from Sydney
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-31-2003 at 01:23 AM

I'm not sure if everyone saw this post on the other part of the forum, but it's definitely worth checking out:

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=355#bottom

Emad (sydney) posted a great oud piece there. Man, you make some great music.

I've also changed the name of this topic to Taqsims and Songs. The reason is that some people are more comfortable playing songs (samai, longa, pesrev, sirto, etc.) rather than taqsims, so I'd like to open it up a little more.

I look forward to seeing some more posts.

TP21

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-31-2003 at 02:36 AM

I must say that the players on this forum have been extremely impressive. To all of you, I bow:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I admire each and everyone one of you, and all of your techniques.

Simply to honor the request of our good friend Basel, here's a clip on Kurd. The playing may not be great, but I love the maqam as well. Here's to you, Basel.

Click here to stream the taqsim with RealPlayer
Click here to download it

Don't be afraid to criticize... I'm used to it. :D

TP21

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-31-2003 at 06:15 AM

Quote:
By the way, is the oud your playing the one you made yourself? It sounds great.

TP21

Thanks TP21. (And Emad from Sydney, too:) I am trying my best to learn from a distance. My teacher is Issa Boulos, but I am 4.5 hours drive from him, so I only get a couple lessons a year.

That is the oud I built. Right now it is my only oud. I am trying to get another one started soon, and I will let you all know how the progress goes, if you are interested in that sort of thing. I'll also post another taqasim/song soon. This thread has got me motivated.:bounce:

sydney
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-31-2003 at 09:31 AM
Emotional - Kurd

TP21 ... That Kurd of yours is rather emotional.. You seem to have a great passion towrds that maqam and it seems to match your feelings for the time being.
I do not mean to get too personal but that is what I felt. I like your musical senses. I like your sliding on your strings it is perfectly done. I am thinking of an advice to send you by e -mail when I put it in the right phrase.

That was rather emotional kurd ... very sweet and very motivating.

All the best TP21 :applause:

Emad from Sydney
sydney
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-31-2003 at 08:21 PM

Hello Fine people

Guys you got me strongly motivated about taqseem. I honestly wasn't into it at all before. I guess I got inspired by all of you. Here is a new one played and recorded 1-1-2004 in other words "FRESH"
:D

I hope you like it

Thak you fine people

Emad from Sydney
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-31-2003 at 09:15 PM

Emad, you never fail to disappoint me. The taqsim was great. My favorite parts (even though the whole thing was fantastic) were probably 0:22-0:25 and 2:02-finish. Nice job, man! And of course, Happy New Years!

I also wish a Happy New Years to everyone on the forums. I think it's befitting that I thank Mike for giving us this forum to be able to discuss the oud and the magic that comes out of it. I wish you the best of years this year, and may each year after it be better than the one before it.

Having a new year means having some new people and some new taksims! Bring it on! And for those already on the forum, we haven't heard all of you yet... please post!

TP21

Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 1-1-2004 at 09:02 AM

Emad really nice taqsim bud. Way to go. I agree with TP, you never fail to amaze us.
;)

Mike

elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-1-2004 at 01:59 PM

Mike, im asking u to add more smilies becuse the words and the currrent smilies cant describe my feeling towards Emads taqaseem.

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
sydney
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-1-2004 at 04:36 PM
thank you all

:bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Thank you fine people I can say nothing but to thank you all.

I look forward to listenning to your taqseem too... hurry up

Emad from Sydney.
David Parfitt
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-3-2004 at 11:50 PM

Hi Emad

Is there any chance you could repost all your taqsims? I have been away on holiday for a couple of weeks and missed all of them, unfortunately. Look forward to hearing them.

Best wishes

David
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

thumbup.gif posted on 1-4-2004 at 02:07 PM
Hey guys!!

TP once again I tell u u never fail to amaze me. Thanx for the delivery to my mail too :) I sent a more detailed praising there, but I will not deprive u of the comments u deserve in front of all the good listeners here in the forum: knowing u TP, good is a BIG UNDERSTATEMENT for such a taksim. And here's my response with a taksim (u can here the wood creak in the beginning_ u know the reason man :() with a short fragment of my perspective in kurd. Hope y'all will like it. I was also experimenting my new custom-made pick: soft, but gives a good sound, enhances the rashat (when u rapidly and repeatedly pluck up and down), far better than the blunt thick pick; however a slight loss in control is an issue here :shrug: I guess no pick can be perfect. Anyways, the sound quality isn't quite the best either coz I had to compress and recompress the file to a suitable size. Enjoy Kurd on G:

Yours truly,
Basel :D
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 02:11 PM
P.S...

Emad I too missed ur latest recording, I had internet problems and couldn't hear it before it was removed :( I hope u do reconsider reposting or u can send it to my email if u don't find it troubling for u: bahleh13@yahoo.com. Thanx a lot man :)

P.S.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL Y'ALL OUD LOVERS!!! Let's make this year the Oud's year! Peace and happiness be unto you, and may this year bring to all what they yearn for, and what pleases their heart.
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 03:27 PM
Basel's Taqsim

What a great taqsim on Kurd! Basel, you never fail to impress. I feel bad for what happened to the oud, but it's not even noticeable. Nice job, man! By the way... the risha seems to work excellently for fast tremolos. What'd you make it out of? I'm interested in your ingenuity, man.

TP21

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  13

Go To Top