Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  13
Author: Subject: Forum Player's Taqsims and Songs
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 03:31 PM
Emad's Taqsims and Recordings

Hey everyone. I was thinking about how to put Emad's (sydney) taqsims up. I was going to post them here for him... but I voted against it. After all, Mike just took a lot of the files off to make some space. In order to preserve this space, I made Emad a small webpage where you can find his taqsims and a studio recording.

Click here for Emad's Taqsims and Recordings

I trust that this will be sufficient for now. If the site just so happens to go down because of violation of bandwidth, just give it a few hours. Hopefully, you'll all be able to hear what I (along with much of the people here) admire so much.

Nice job, Emad! We look forward to new taqsims in the new year!

TP21

sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 04:18 PM
TruePharaoh or trueMATE

TP21

I am not able to say a word after what you have done for me. man I do not deserve any of that, I am just an avarage player .. listen to what people say about you , listen to Basel or Jameel . I am no where near you guys. You should not have gone through all the trouble of doing that web page. I do thank you thank you thank you deeply. I am really touched. :bowdown::bowdown:

Mike , I can not thank you enough too. You have got me to get in contact with all these fine people. I am honored to know all of you.

Emad from Sydney.
sydney
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 04:26 PM
Basel Taqseem

Hello Basel

You have reminded me of a professional oud player who did not want people to recognise him while buying an oud in one of the shops. So he tried his best to sound like a beginner but he was that obvious that his talent let him down. You play in a very prfessional style.. you seem to have full control of your R/L hands as well as your feeling. I am delighted indeed.:xtreme:

Well done oud mate.

Emad from sydney
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

Mood: Majnoun el Oud

thumbup.gif posted on 1-4-2004 at 04:30 PM
Thanx a lot!!

:D Geez guys, that's too much. TP I really hope u liked it, u know it comes from the heart ;) (I think u can understand what I mean).

Sydney, me compared to u, there's no difference, trust me brother Emad, I am so far from professional, I have learned the Oud alone, and the only "professional" thing about me is feeling the music, for I have lived my whole life (that'll be 21 years till now) with it :bowdown: Ur comments have truly struck me profoundly bashful. By the way what is ur email?! Do u have an MSN or yahoo account? Maybe we can meet online sometime, I'm intrested in talking and sharing some bits of Oud info with u. Anyways, I have downloading ur taksim from ur post was an honor to me and I am lucky Mike didn't erase the post yet :)

TP about the risha's I was trying to snap shots for them but it aint working coz the resolution ain't so good. Anyways I'll start now recording with the different rishas I made, and post them, especially for u :)

Yours truly,
Basel :D
sydney
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 04:35 PM
Amazing

Hello Basel

I mean every word I say and I do say what I really mean. you are very very good. I wish I was half as good as you are now when I was 21 years old.. I am 35 by the way.

my e-mail is emad_philip@hotmail.com

and yes I do have MSN please contact me any time .. I'd be honored

All the best

Emad from sydney
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 10:46 PM

Basel, if I can just be half of what you are when I'm 21, I'll consider myself a great oud player. You have indirectly set somewhat of a goal for me to reach. Hopefully, I'll get there one day.

As for now, I thank you all for showing me so far what there is out there. I'm glad that people are still so involved in the oud. Hopefully, we can hear more of you all.

TP21

P.S. Emad, the least I could do is make a small, small, small site for you. Hopefully, one day, with enough material, I can be honored to make a huge one for you.

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-6-2004 at 06:54 PM

Don't get all quiet on me now, everyone! We've only done like... 3 or 4 maqams. I know we got a ton more. Bring it on, people. You know who you are. :D

TP21

Jameel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-6-2004 at 07:28 PM

Very busy lately, but here is something short. Let's hear your version TP21!!:airguitar: Don't embarrass me by letting me play alone.

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-6-2004 at 07:29 PM

Whoops!

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-6-2004 at 08:33 PM
Happy Eid

Jameel, that was jameel!! I took your lead and did a piece of Farido's taqsim as well. You're quite an inspiration. I'm glad that me and you are Farid wannabees! lol

By the way, Happy Eid to all of the Copts on the forum!

TP21

bahleh13
Oud Maniac

thumbup.gif posted on 1-6-2004 at 09:24 PM
wanna be a wannabe!

U guys are doing a great job there :) Good work both of u. Jameel I like ur Oud's sound a lot and ur playing seems more advanced than the status u gave us previously :) TP, u catch on very quick to that particular technique, a lot earlier than I did :applause: TP and Jameel u both rock :xtreme:

Now here's my wannabe version for Farido. Note two things: A very audible crack in the beginning due to the humongous crack in the back of my Oud, and some missed notes in the taksim, a result of instability of the new "uncoated" night pick: no adhesive to give a sharp rather than dull dimished sound. Still couldn't figure out what to do to increase control without changing the sound which I like. Anyways, enough talking i'll leave space for my Oud to talk :airguitar: Enjoy

Yours truly,
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 12:31 AM

Wow, we're all a bunch of Farido fans here, aren't we? Basel, nice job on it! This just goes to show how much we can learn from each other...

I'm thinking of maybe having a maqam a week here (Hijaz one week, Kurd the next, etc.) and the players post a takassim or song from that maqam. This might open the forum up a little but more to those who are a little shaky to post now.

I hope everyone posts soon! We are all lovers of the oud!

TP21

bahleh13
Oud Maniac

light.gif posted on 1-7-2004 at 04:36 AM
Great Idea!!!

TP where do u get them ideas? :airguitar: I'll definitely stcik around for that thread. I cooked up this little piece with a little surprise in the end :D Hope y'all will like it.

Yours truly,

P.S. weather here is darn cold (-7C) so u'll excuse me if i sound like a frog, couldn't wait for warming up :rolleyes:
Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 05:23 PM

Nice Work, TP and Basel. You inspire me. Thanks for the nice comments. Too much, really! I'm just learning. TP, I remember your first posts a few months ago with your guitar. You have come a long way. Way beyond me, for sure:bowdown: I won't be able to keep up with your weekly maqam challenge (especially since I don't really know the maqams), but maybe if you made it every two or three weeks, that would give everyone some more time. Here is a little bit in Rast (at least in the beginning--with a modulation to Nahawand and Bayat on G (I think)

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 05:30 PM

First try was too big. Here it is:

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 06:21 PM

Basel, ana lisa faaker your singing. :D Man, when I read that there was a surprise, I didn't think it'd be that. What a great surprise!

Jameel, your parents were right on when they named you. The oud is beautiful, and the playing is filled with feeling. Is rast, by any chance, one of your more favored maqams? I ask because you're great at it.

As for the maqam a week (or every few weeks), I wouldn't just say... "Kurd... go!" My idea is to say "Kurd has this spacing... to do it from Do, it's these notes... from Sol, it's this." And that way, we all learn and then we can present. What do you all think?

TP21

zeyad
Oud Addict

Mood: love the oud

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 07:29 PM
Hicazkurd

Hi guys, I love this site and thank eveyone participating in the forum, and thank Mike for creating such amazing site, too.
Here is my first try Hicaz kurd... hope you would not be shy posting your feedbacks.
Zeyad.
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 09:07 PM

Ya Zeyad, Allah Allah... where've you been hiding yourself, man?

The sound of your oud is very nice, and your playing is great too. What kind of oud is it? Maker? It handles the treble pairs very nicely.

Hijaz kar is a beautiful maqam, and you made it even more beautiful. I certainly hope this isn't the last we hear a taqsim for you.

TP21

norumba
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 11:04 PM

Ive been swamped lately, but i should be posting a few different ones in a week or so - hard to record at night, and I have a lot of projects on deck. i did post those streaning MP3s a few weeks back...
Everyone sounds eally good! i can really tell the Farid influence here, thats great! any Turkish or Iraqi style advocates out there?

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 11:12 PM

I know of quite a few number of people here that play the Iraqi and Turkish style. I just don't wanna go runnin after them and forcing them to post. It's their choice. But I'll tell you this, I've heard them play, and they are fantastic. Let's just hope they'll play for us here.

TP21

Morty
Oud Lover

Mood: Always sad

[*] posted on 1-8-2004 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elrabee3
guys u r doing great job, u r encurging me to buy and learn oud :D

Thank you guys for a great job!

I wish one Day I could do the seam;)

Sincerely,
:wavey: Morty
sydney
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-8-2004 at 04:57 PM
Loads of notes

Hello Fine People

it's been a while since I visited your fourms and amazingly I come back to find that load of notes which made me say WOW what is going on here. It seems like 2004 is a very inspiring year for most of us. Jameel in Farid-wannabe and rast taqsim is really cool also TP21 in Farid-wannabe has done a lot of progress that made me jealous. Zeyad my friend you sounded like you had a story to tell us with your H.kurd taqsim it was good yet it was unfinished. Basel you are a WORRY. what are you doing to us here man? that was really great I am lost for words keep it up will you !! :xtreme:

I was taken by surprise because of all that loads of fine notes you guys have posted. Thank you very much for sharing your good talent.

All the best to you all. :bowdown:

Emad from Sydney
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 10:44 AM

Sydney, I thank you for your very kind words. And if anyone's going to be jealous around here, it's me. I have yet to be even comparable to you all, but it is your encouragement that drives me further. Thank you.

TP21

P.S. I'll try to post something up this weekend. School's begun again, and I have no time.

zeyad
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 07:27 PM
RahatAlarwah

Hi guys :wavey: ,
This is my attempt for RahatAlarwah maqam. I am a beginner, so pease let me know if I am off the maqam. Mike, what do you think about making a topic for each maqam and then we post some taqasim and music for each maqam… with some explanations about each one "both the maqames and the pieces we post" ? I also would appreciate if the feedbacks are more informative. I know most of you guys are very good Oud players :bowdown: and have so much to say ….so do not be shy to give your opinions…. This is how we all can learn more from each other, particularly beginners like myself.
Thank you.:airguitar:
zeyad
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 07:39 PM
a request

Hi TruePharaoh21,
my oud is Egyptian made by Ahmed Abdelhaleem. I use LA Bella strings "the third string are nylon" . I am going to sale my ouds, since I will be graduating and going back home very soon. May i request a Rast taqasim from you to post:) ?

Have a nice day.
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  13

Go To Top