Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  13
Author: Subject: Forum Player's Taqsims and Songs
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 1-10-2004 at 12:35 AM

Zeyad, you played the maqam very nicely. I'm not sure why I don't hear this maqam played more often. It seems you have to be very talented to find the good parts to it... apparently, you're incredibly talented.

I will try to honor your request by tomorrow. I know of people far better than me on the oud, and also much better on the Rast maqam. I've only been playing now for about 9 or 10 months. Regardless of that, I will post as soon as I can. I thank you for actually asking this of me. I feel like the encouragement brought about in this forum is more important than most things. Thank you.

TP21

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-10-2004 at 03:41 PM
Taqsim Rast

Well zeyad, here's your request. Keep in mind... I'm just a beginner.

(This taqsim has been removed temporarily)

Tell me what you think.

TP21

zeyad
Oud Addict

Mood: love the oud

[*] posted on 1-10-2004 at 05:10 PM
thank you TP21

Hi truepharaoh21,
You are cooooool :cool: . Thank you for posting your Rast. It is a nice and happy taqaseem .
You played a Rast but, you emphasized the Bayati and Nahawand ajnass "which are parts of Rast for sure". The first 30 sec. or so are really Rast, and I like it so much. I wish it was longer :bounce: ..just to establish the Rast mood first , then you change to other Maqams. Man... you play with confident and have control of you Oud. It is hard to believe you played for only 10 months. Congratulations.
I heard the same thing about switching to other maqams after establishing the main maqam "mood", you are right. Your Rast taqaseem was long enough for switching to other maqams. You did really nice job. It was me that as beginner I expect too much Rasteeeeeee mood :shrug: "funny word ?" that maybe the reason why I did not feel the Rasteeeeeee feeling so much or as I expected J . By the way, playing long taqaseem is really hard for me, you seem to have not problem playing long taqaseems…any advice?
Thank you again for accepting my request for maqam Rast taqaseem.
Zeyad.
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-10-2004 at 05:17 PM

I dunno how to give advice cuz I have no idea what I'm doing. :D I just pretended like I wasn't being recorded... I seem to play better if I'm not under pressure to impress anyone. When I finished, I noticed how long it was, and I was going to post a little disclaimer that said: WARNING! What you are about to hear is very long. :)

Like you said, Bayati on Re is like Rast on Do, only you take out the Do and add another Re at the end. I can see how they're very similar. I tried to establish my first, then moved on. I hope this was ok.

To play a long taqsim, just don't stop playing. I'm sure sometimes you'll sit there for an hour or so just playing whatever comes to mind. When that happens, start recording and don't worry about anything.

By the way, I'm in no position to give you advice, as you are far greater than me on the oud. If anyone should be giving advice, it should be you. :) I look forward to hearing from you again, and thank you for your comments.

Play on!

TP21

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-11-2004 at 09:59 PM

Mostly any player who's been playing for at least a few months learns a maqam and finds some of the ins and outs of it so that they can get some ideas for a taqsim or a composition. (This is just my opinion).

Considering that case, I decided to go learn a maqam today and record a taqsim using that maqam. That way, it would be totally fresh. The maqam I picked (I think) is Rahat el Arwah... I hope I got the notes right. By the way, I was inspired to learn this maqam by zeyad, who posted a taqsim in this maqam a few days ago. If you haven't gotten it yet, please do. He's a great oudist.

Anyways, here's the taqsim. Don't be afraid to post criticisms. It drives me kinda. :D

TP21

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-12-2004 at 08:42 PM

I hope someones comin out with a new recording soon... it was really active, and then just got very silent. Don't be afraid to post guys. Recording takes only a few minutes. :D

TP21

P.S. sydney, don't forget about us :)

journeyman
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-12-2004 at 09:27 PM
how to access these sounf files

I'm probably not doing something that is obvious, but I don't see any of these sound files on my computer. I'd love to hear you all play, so could someone tell me how to access the clips? Thanks.
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-12-2004 at 09:32 PM

journeyman, on the bottom of some of the posts, you'll find the word Attachment: (and then a file name). Click on this file to download it, and then you can hear it.

TP21

journeyman
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-12-2004 at 10:11 PM
sound files

Thank you TP21. I guess I just needed to observe more of the posts. I have found a number of clips and they are very inspirational. Thank you all.:applause:
zeyad
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-13-2004 at 06:23 AM

Hi TP21,
nice work man. I think you vary the speed of your playing better than you previous one.. i like that. You know? I am interested in hearing something on D from you :) because i can tell you play the D note a lot "you start with D a lot and sometimes end on D, too" How about if we hear Higaz or Saba on D from you next time?
Zeyad
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

Mood: Majnoun el Oud

thumbup.gif posted on 1-14-2004 at 06:00 AM
TP TP he's our man...

TP TP he's our man if he can't do it no one can! Gooooooooooooo TP! "T" to the "P" to the "2" to the "1", "T" to the "P" to the "2" to the "1"! Go TP!!! Go TP!!!

Man I think u don't need any help on Rahat al Arwah, u just got a perfect speciment of it.

Keep up the good work man :D :xtreme: peace!

Yours truly,
Basel :D
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-14-2004 at 10:01 AM

Thank you for your kind words, Basel. You're a major driving force in all of this. Also, zeyad... I'm glad that you liked the changes in the speeds. Like I said before you inspired me to do this.

I was stipulating whether or not I should do a Saba on D taqsim, but I wanted to clarify it with you first. I have:

D E$ F Gb A Bb C Db.

My question is, after that last Db, where to from there? D? Or another maqam? I'll try to do the same for this taqsim as I did for the Rahat el Arwah one... by which I mean I'll try recording the first attempt so it's fresh. I think it produced a little better results. I sense that I feel the maqam more that way then when it becomes routine (like Nahawand or HKK).

Thanks in advance.

TP21

zeyad
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 1-14-2004 at 10:21 PM
Saba

Hi TP,
i think after d$ you go to E$.
Would yo uplease, make a topic for the Saba Maqam, so other members can participate? How about if you post a Saba on D taqaseem and I post Saba on A? Let's see how they sound :airguitar:

Enjoy your day.
Zeyad.
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

exclamation.gif posted on 1-15-2004 at 06:27 AM
Taksim on Saba

Go for it man!! I await ur piece. As for what to play after the high Db, remeber one thing that this variation (opional of course) is based on Hijaz on F, so u get two choices: Eb (as in normal Hijaz) or E (as in shahnaz). Which to choose depends on the mood and apropriacy (whether u like to hear it like this or that). But personally man, try not to stray too much into deviating so much, coz sometimes it so happens that ur playing Saba on D, then u concentrate too much on the Hijaz part on F and u can't revert back to Saba without showing the listener that u "played wrong". Anyways, u can try, u have a good ear, so I think u'll know what's apropriate and what's not. I'll try to post the notes on Saba to help as soon as possible. Peace!

Yours truly,
sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 1-15-2004 at 03:47 PM
Saba & family

Hello Fine people

Saba and it's own family are my favorite maqams as well as some others. Lately I have been going through lots of hard times mainly because of losing some loved ones. I guess this where Saba stands out to comfort the soul and ease the pain a little bit. TP21 I have not forgotten all of you at all but I honestly do not wish to post my Saba taqsim. I guess you guys will hate me after.

With no doubt saba is a heart touching maqam

Regards

Emad from Sydney
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 1-15-2004 at 05:30 PM
Sydney

By all means pal, do post, we'll never hate someone who's emotions on the Oud made us love him :) If anyone has a different opinion let him dare and come up and I'll prove him wrong. Sydney I do feel sorry for the state u r in, and dunno in which way to console u. Anyways I'd love to share ur sorrows, at least by listening to the taksim, if u don't mind. I dunno what the other guys think, but at least u know my wish is truly from the heart :)

Yours truly,
Yazoal2K
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 1-15-2004 at 10:22 PM
rohi tehbak

greetings oud player
as you all know I have problem loading file since for some reason they are large, and since I can load about a minute only, I couldn't find something to fit my taqaseem since taqaseem work is about 5 mins, but the other day I saw a Jalsa for one of my fav singer Abdul Majeed Abdulla, and here is a segement of me playing his song roo7 te7bak
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-23-2004 at 09:37 AM

Wow I totally forgot about this posting. All the Saba taqsims were great. Sydney, we're praying for you and your family. May God be with you.

As for everyone else, where is everybody? Everyone just stopped playing?

Pick up that oud and record!

TP21

sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 1-23-2004 at 12:15 PM
Thank you

I'd like to thank everyone who shared my sadness. I have losted one of my best friends about a month ago. It is hard to play any happy melos. when this happens. I thank you all for your understanding.

God bless

Emad from sydney

TP21 and Basel I do appreciate your feelings. I'll post something soon I hope.
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-25-2004 at 11:54 PM

Emad, we're definitely looking forward to anything you can give us. Like I've said before, my prayers are with you.

As for the rest of the players here on the forums, we did rast, kurd, (some saba), (some bayati), and some Farido wannabe clips. (2 of us did rahat al-arwah as well). Maybe the next maqam can be something like Huzzam or Suznak, or maybe something more common like Hijaz. Just tossin out some ideas to you all. Don't be shy to post. We're all students at heart.

TP21

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-25-2004 at 11:57 PM
Yazoal

Khalid, I don't think your file posted. I'd love to hear you play that jalsa though. Try to post again. If that doesn't work because it's too big, you can send me the file at truepharaoh21@yahoo.com and I'll bring down the file size so you can post it. You can send me your 5 minute long takassim too. :D

TP21

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-26-2004 at 12:06 AM

By the way, where did zeyad, mysticoud, and Jameel go? We only started hearing great things from your skills... don't ditch us just yet! I definitely wanna hear more from you all. And yes, I will keep nagging you all until you post. :D If that's the way to get great music from you all, then I'll be here every day asking you for a piece. :airguitar:

TP21

Yazoal2K
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 1-27-2004 at 06:51 PM
Video

my freind videtaped this, it's a song for Abdulla Alrawished, and I say to El Rashewd sorry for my bad voice and horrible playing, it's actually funny cause we can't remeber the words
Khalid
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-27-2004 at 07:04 PM

Khalid, try posting it again. I guess it may be too big. If it is, send it to me at truepharaoh21@yahoo.com and I'll shrink it down for ya.

TP21

Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 1-30-2004 at 04:56 PM
Greetings

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum, but I've been stopping by for a couple of weeks. I just have to say that everyone's taqasim have been great; I really enjoyed listening. :bowdown:
Emad, yours were particularly beautiful.
I look forward to hearing more from everyone. This is a really inspiring thread.

peace,
Brian
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  13

Go To Top