Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  13
Author: Subject: Forum Player's Taqsims and Songs
sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 3-3-2004 at 01:49 PM

Hey shall I send you some BUTTER for that jam you guys are going to have?
:D

Have fun

Emad
bluesyOud
Oud Maniac

Mood: Oudy

[*] posted on 3-6-2004 at 09:09 AM

I hope this is a taksim in around saba and naviend!!!!my key note is G!!!on the rythm section is Band in a Box!!!
anyway hope you won't hate me for this!!I'm new to eastern music and the false notes are many!!!!I'd like your comments!!!In the future I'll be better I promise!!!!:D
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-6-2004 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bluesyOud
I hope this is a taksim in around saba and naviend!!!!my key note is G!!!on the rythm section is Band in a Box!!!
anyway hope you won't hate me for this!!I'm new to eastern music and the false notes are many!!!!I'd like your comments!!!In the future I'll be better I promise!!!!:D

I love it, it sounds like Snakefinger:D

Best wishes

Ronny
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 3-7-2004 at 10:17 PM

bluesy, I'm not sure if I've welcomed you to the forum yet, but hey... welcome! How long have you been playing oud for? I like how you play things in such a mellow fashion. Several times, we get caught up in all these tricks that we forget how nice it sounds to just play the soft and slow notes. I hope this isn't the last we hear of you on this part of the forum.

Again, welcome! :wavey:

TP21

bluesyOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-8-2004 at 05:25 AM

thanks TruePharaoh21 for the good words!!!I play the oud for 6 months,but I play electric guitar 5 years.A year ago I removed the frets from my old guitar because I heard someone playing the oud(I had also heard someone playing fretless guitar).This attempt was somekind of disaster,so I decided to get the real thing!!!and I just fell in love with the oud and the music it represends!!!!:))
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
bluesyOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-9-2004 at 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bahleh13
TP once again I tell u u never fail to amaze me. Thanx for the delivery to my mail too :) I sent a more detailed praising there, but I will not deprive u of the comments u deserve in front of all the good listeners here in the forum: knowing u TP, good is a BIG UNDERSTATEMENT for such a taksim. And here's my response with a taksim (u can here the wood creak in the beginning_ u know the reason man :() with a short fragment of my perspective in kurd. Hope y'all will like it. I was also experimenting my new custom-made pick: soft, but gives a good sound, enhances the rashat (when u rapidly and repeatedly pluck up and down), far better than the blunt thick pick; however a slight loss in control is an issue here :shrug: I guess no pick can be perfect. Anyways, the sound quality isn't quite the best either coz I had to compress and recompress the file to a suitable size. Enjoy Kurd on G:

Yours truly,
Basel :D

I really liked this taksim!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
bluesyOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-9-2004 at 08:19 AM
new taksim

Hi guys,
this is my new taksim hope you like it!!!
[hope:you miss my false notes(please!!!)]
:bounce::D
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

Mood: Majnoun el Oud

thumbup.gif posted on 3-9-2004 at 09:43 AM
Back again...

Hey guys! A lot has been happening while i was gone, anyways I'm back to remark and post :D

Ron, it'll be a jam alright, I'll just see how can we meet, ferries are more or less frequent to and from Sweden here. Time to change from intro to extrovert :)

Sydney, if u can provide the butter, grab ur oud on ur way and we'll have breakfast, all of us. Someone else has to join to provide the toasted bread :)

Zeyad thanx a lot for ur comments, u werent bad either with es2al rou7ak, singing too (TP I hope ur reading this). Keep up the good work man.

TP :) If only I had known our chats get u to post, heck I'll sing for u day and night ;) Let's schedule a meeting online somethime man. Great work on the oudism as well as the timing (zeyad was right). SO keep it up.

BluesyOud, welcome to the forum and thanx for ur comments about my taksim. Allow me to add u r quite innovative on the Oud, I never heard anyone play with guitar technique on the oud before, and it sounds quite ok with u. No false note, only slight noncoherence with switching back from saba to hijazkar. I'm sure with work u'll do fine, and I do expect more posts, otherwise i'll be disappointed with u; u got potential.

Anyways, here is a small taksim I made again with a part of a song. TP I know the drill, the mail is definitely on its way by now to u with the full song :) Enjoy y'all :D Peace!

yours truly,
john (beloved) habib
Oud Junkie

Mood: love my new oud

[*] posted on 3-9-2004 at 10:09 AM

whoah.. that thing is awesome... it sounds so good that I'm a bit confused... you played the Oud ... along with a recording of Farid's ? I can play a bunch of Abdel Halim songs, so it'd be cool to be able to do that... how'd you get both Oud and Farid in one recording... simply played along with the song while recording both... or something more complicated?

nice stuff...
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

exclamation.gif posted on 3-9-2004 at 11:07 AM
You7anna el 7abib :)

Thanx a lot man for the complements. One thing for sure I cant understand where exactly the recording confused u. It's quite simple man, i was playing and singing :D I dont think I sound exactly like Farid, no one can, he's the King, and his voice is unique!! Anyways thanx a lot. I love ur Oud man, how much exactly was ur budget? do u have a mail with large space? I'll send u a special file, I'm sure u'll like it :) Emad I also hope u can read this and have a yahoo account or another accound with BIG space.

yours truly,
john (beloved) habib
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-9-2004 at 11:28 AM

Oh my gosh... I thought YOU sounded like FARID..... And I'm being 100% serious. Now... I listen to his music so much, I can't believe I couldn't discern the difference... So ... I just want to say that you have an awesome voice... fooled me! Wow.

Thanks for the compliments on the Oud.

I'll send you a U2U message with my emaill address. THANKS SO MUCH. Send me more!
john (beloved) habib
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-9-2004 at 11:32 AM

oh.. I just realized the subject of your previous post...how'd you know my name's "youhanna el habib"? that's pretty cool, not many people make that connection, and to make that connection in Arabic... cool :)
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 3-9-2004 at 12:00 PM

Hey guys. I'm loving how active this post is becoming. It's a dream come true. Basel, excellent job doing Habeeb el Omr. You're very convincing, buddy.

bluesy, you really bring the guitar style to the oud. It just goes to show how open the oud is to giving such a beautiful sound. Excellent job.

Basel, I cleared out my inbox from lakerguy_ca@yahoo.com just now, and it didn't have any space for you to send me the file, so try sending it there again and I'll be sure to post it.

TP21
bluesyOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-9-2004 at 01:04 PM

bahleh13 thanks man,I'm trying my best,
I'll keep on practising !!!Comments like yours are helpful for me!!!!
I liked your Taksim Nahawand and your singing!!!!:wavey:
bahleh13
Oud Maniac

thumbup.gif posted on 3-9-2004 at 04:43 PM
Thanx y'all

:) thank you guys for the nice comments. I hope that my post wont be just for me to receive comments but the get the others to post as well.

Thanx bluesy, I hope we'll be getting a new recording from u soon, I really like ur style a lot, coz it's different, interesting, and exciting. I just wanna see how the Oud can adapt to guitar techniques without losing its identity, and you seem capable of showing me so man. Keep it going.

TP the mail is resent, I'm happy u liked it, trust me I think u'll love the rest coz i believe it is the first time I played Habib el Omr so good. By the way when you compress the sog the quality maybe isnt that good, but it sounds better than when i compress to a similar size, you have to teach me how to do it, but then again I wont be needing to send u the files, so u choose which is beneficial for u (I believe if it stays the way it is is better). I expect a post very soon from you :D

John (can i call you Hanna for short?) again thanx for your praising, and i sent you a mail with something nice and i hope u will like it a lot. Hopefully you'll be posting soon as well, so that you may share with us the sound (beautiful no doubt) of your new beautiful Oud.

Come on guys, everyone's starting to post, so let's keep it up. Peace y'all. Emad ur missed a lot, thrill us with ur melodies once more.

Yours truly,
sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 3-10-2004 at 03:32 PM
Very soon Basel .. very soon ya habob

:wavey:
bluesyOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 08:23 AM

this my new taqsim!!!!comments please!!!
:D

:bowdown:
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 02:12 PM

okay, I'm finally posting something . . .
the recording is not very good, but here it is anyway:

ushshaq masri taqsim
bluesyOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 02:51 PM

hey, this topic is on fire!!!!!

:wavey: everyone:D:D
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 02:54 PM
another

this one's a little better quality:

farahfaza taqsim
bluesyOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 03:04 PM

Brian I know one thing for sure!!!
I've heard many ouds in this forum's topics.
I don't know about the quality of your mp3,but your oud and everybody elses
in this forum sounds better than mine!!!
I hope in the future I'll offer to myself
a better instrument!!!
(although a bad instrument isn't an
excuse for me playing badly)!!!

:(:(
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-14-2004 at 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Prunka
okay, I'm finally posting something . . .
the recording is not very good, but here it is anyway:

ushshaq masri taqsim

Very nice Brian.:D

Best wishes

Ronny
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-14-2004 at 08:48 AM

Here's an extract from a very long improvisation by me in Maqam Bashiri. A big thank you to Mike who compressed the file.

Best wishes

Ronny
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-14-2004 at 08:55 AM

It's my pleasure Ronny.

Great playing man. :airguitar:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

bluesyOud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 3-14-2004 at 11:04 AM

Ronny that was great man!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:bowdown:
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  13

Go To Top