Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: i am gonna change my strings on my turkish oud to Aquila what do u think?
oudipoet
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 09:31 PM
i am gonna change my strings on my turkish oud to Aquila what do u think?

hi everybody what s going on? i hope everybody s allright anyway i am gonna change my strings on my turkish oud to Aquila but i have never use Aquila before so if any of guys used it before give me your opinions and also i might change my tuning too right now i am using G.D.A.E.D.A and i am planing to use D.A.E.B.A.E which is more armenian style so give ne some ideas should i change my tune or should i keep using what i already have and if i change my strings to Aquila which one should i get for my G.D.A.E.D.A tune please trow me some ideas guys thx
Hank Levin
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-4-2006 at 02:42 PM

The second tuning you mention, with D as the highest note (thinnest string), is standard pitch for Turkish. The first one you mention is a fourth higher. If you want to use a standard set for that tuning, you will probably want to discard the bottom (thickest) string, and add a pair of very thin strings, around .019" or 0.45 mm (just guessing). But if your planning to use D.A.E.B.A.E, what's the problem? Just use the standard set.

Have you tried the MusiCaravan strings? http://www.musicaravan.com/strings.html

Hank Levin

Go To Top