Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Harry Minassian and more
Andy
Oud Junkie

Mood: excellent

[*] posted on 2-18-2006 at 07:02 PM
Harry Minassian and more

For those who enjoy the great Harry Minassian, I Was on the Oud Home Page this AM and someone called John posted a link to a video with Harry playing and singing Endim and more. Check it out you will not be disappointed. Looks like Roger Krikorian and Leon Janikian Paul Mooradian and Jack Chaligian and sorry I couldn't id the guitarist. Looks like Kef Time at the Cape.
http://www.youtube.com/?v=xagD8n6r8ec
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-18-2006 at 07:16 PM

Andy, you are the greatest. This guy has posted 12 videos! I got hooked on YouTube last week, but never found any videos like these. Could have even been at Hartford.
I hope they post Harry doing Daglar Daglar--I love the way he does that. And he does a killer version of Bir Irtimal Daha Var.
Anybody know if it is possible to download these? I haven't been able to.
By the way, you were mentioning the missing rosette. That oud is a Karibyan--I saw Harry play it last year at Hartford--I really think this is from Hartford, 2005

Django
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-18-2006 at 07:42 PM

Thank you! Abris!! What a joy to watch and hear the videos. Sure warms up a ten degree night here in the South End of Boston!!!
Andy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-18-2006 at 07:56 PM

If you do a search for Tomzara everthing he posted will show. GREAT MUSIC VIDEOS . Did you ever get copies of those 2 LP's? I finally got a copy of Oudi Hrant's Holiday in Turkey that I was cheated out of.
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-18-2006 at 08:09 PM

Mav--that's not you on the Kalamatiano that the guy posted is it? The picture is pretty grainy. It almost looks like you and your Dincer oud.

Which two lps? Harry's? I have none of Harry's LPs, unfortunately. I sent you a cd of Holiday in Turkey, didn't I?
If you can find Houdi Hrant--Master of the Oriental Lute, that is the LP to get. Not all of the tracks are great, but 4 of them are just unbelievable (Ninni, Bu Gege, Hijan Aschmish Sineme, and Her Zeman).

Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 09:56 AM

When you think about, there is something a little unsettling about this, though. I will admit that I am the first guy at a lot of these shows taping them. But, I use the tapes for myself--to practice, to play along with. Now we are at a point where the artists don't know where a clip of their performance might show up. If the performance is sub-par, or if they happen to say something in an unguarded moment--too bad. And, it seems that while the artist may have been paid for the gig, he didn't know the performance was going to be available all over the world.

Andy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 06:21 PM

Jonathan, the CD you sent me was Houdi Hrant with songs you mention above. Hrant has 2 LP's that are the same but with different record labels and different names "Oudi Hrant Turkish Delight" and the other is "Eastern Standard Time the genius of Oudi Hrant".
As you may know that the guitarist on the video that I could not recall is Kenny Kalajian, (hope I spelled it correctly).
These videos and recordings of the Kefs are a compliment and add to the popularity of the artists and more of a desire to see the artist in person. Now if these tapes were being sold then we are talking whole different story.
There are a total of 16 videos now posted by Tomzara all of them may not be available now though. I was told that Anoush is the woman playing dumbeg in the Greek folk Dance and Mandili Kalamatiano videos, Mavrothis Kontanis is the Greek oud player all the way to the right and Beth Cohen from MA is the violinist. There is also a video of John Bilezikjian playing Huseyni saz semai by Tatyos Effendi.
Andy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 06:42 PM

Django, so you are in the South End. I use to live in J.P. Happy you enjoyed it. If you want to hear some good music, on Wed nights the Middle East Restaurant on Mass Ave. Cambridge has some real good entertainment. For the schedule go to http://www.geocities.com/antronig/oud.html go to the M.E. restaurant site and click on CORNER hye fusion is Harry Bedrossian and Mel Barsamian with Charlie Dirmenjian and KEF is Arekel on oud and Ron Sahajian.
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 08:08 PM

I figured that was Mav.
If anybody happens to have any copies of Harry Minassian's LPs please let me know. I would love to have a copy, even if it is just a tape of it.

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 06:02 AM

Andy, thanks for the heads up about the Bileikjian video. Here's the link for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/?v=tile38pZ0q4

mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 07:53 PM

Whoah, that is me...the video is funny huh? The dancers are somehow in hyperdrive. That was the Najarian oud I used to own, and I remember I was having major sound issues, feedback like crazy, so that's probably why you can't hear the oud (maybe for the best).

I honestly couldn't listen to this very long, it's really pretty painful. lol The other videos that have been mentioned are much nicer.

Thanks for recognizing me though Jonathan. :)

John Bilezikjian's playing is great, I love his Western touch on the Saz Semai. His oud sounds great plugged in too I think. Thanks for pointing out these vids guys.

mav

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 03:49 PM

Thank you very much Andy!
These videos are amazing!
Bravo....

chaldo
Oud Junkie

Mood: archaic mood

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 09:15 PM

Thanks for those great vids!!!!!

can anyone tell me who is the persont that is playing the clarinet, he is sooooo soooo soooooo amazing!!!! here we can see him playing marvelously at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeKBYkQbrzA&search=Kef

merci!!!
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 09:21 PM

Hachig Kazarian on clarinet. Yeah, absolutely amazing. He is on the Kef Time series with Richard Hagopian, and also has one solo cd out there. My favorite clarinetist.

This guy keeps adding more videos all the time. Has anybody figured out how to download them?

chaldo
Oud Junkie

Mood: archaic mood

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Hachig Kazarian on clarinet. Yeah, absolutely amazing. He is on the Kef Time series with Richard Hagopian, and also has one solo cd out there. My favorite clarinetist.

This guy keeps adding more videos all the time. Has anybody figured out how to download them?

thanks for the info!!! looking forward to get the solo cd.

to download the file (if no copyrights):

1 - you go to this site: http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

2 - Copy/paste the link of your video (from YouTube) in the first box (in javimoya). Press "download from Youtube", you will get the link... on top of page "Video Download (Right [...] ", all what you need to do is right_click and save_as.

3 - Then you download the file (could take 5-10mins -depends on connection/server speed).

4 - After receiving the file on your computer, you need to encode it to wmv for example so you will be able to view it

To encode, you need this freeware found at:

http://www.download.com/CinemaForge/3000-2169_4-10496506.html?tag=l...

5 - install the software,

6 - encode.... choose the file (input) and press incode. (encoding takes 1 to 2 minutes/10mb)
alex-nozh
Oud Junkie

Mood: has found, but continue to search...

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 12:16 PM

Thank you Andy for great video with Richard Hagopian!!!
it's wonderful.........:wavey:
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 03:39 PM

Richard is playing Udi Hrant's oud in that video. I know, Hrant had a lot of them. But, the oud that he is playing there is the one that Richard's father purchased for Richard directly from Hrant after one of Hrant's shows, during Hrant's first trip to America in 1950.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaIuxrOvXLo&search=kef

Multi Kulti
Oud Junkie

Mood: skaataa!

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 05:12 PM

Two more interesting videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ENQutuBngU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH_pvR7aZtc

Nikos
Andy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 08:23 PM

Thank you all BUT I am only the lowly assistant messenger. John aka H... is the one who has unsefishly gifted us all with these fantastic videos. Hopefully these will be up for a long enough time. In case some of you don't know, Hachig is on an older 1950's LP recording with the Detroit Hye Tones and then after that the Armenia Armenia LP before the Kef Time recordings with Richard Hagopian on oud and the late Buddy Sarkissian on dumbeg. On some of the other videos you will see John Berberian on oud and oud player Mal Barsamian but Mal is playing clarinet. H... this is for you :applause::applause:
Andy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-13-2006 at 12:32 PM

Bravo Haig, I am still enjoying them and added to your kef series with a video of Mal Barsamian on oud, Charlie Dermenjian on dumbeg, and Stephan Mgrditchian on bass guitar at the Middle East Restaurant Cambridge Ma. last Wednesday night. Hope you enjoy it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T_LUJsrmyp4ight.
Amos
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-13-2006 at 12:36 PM

these videos are great!!!!!! thank you !!!!

Our music is like an ocean...
Andy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-13-2006 at 01:47 PM

oops made a mistake in the URL it should be
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T_LUJsrmyp4
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-6-2006 at 07:34 AM

Now he has a nice one up with Harry Bedrossian.
Is there another name for this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM_chsOXJCU

Andy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-6-2006 at 06:51 PM

thanks Jonathan and Leon, Harry, and Onnik doing Dele Aman. Is that Ara on Kanoun. Tomzara really has a great collection of videos.
sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 6-7-2006 at 03:01 AM
nice stuff

Thanks for the nice stuff guys.

Does this web site allow anyone to upload videos to it? Also is it free?

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
------------------
Emad
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top