SamirCanada

[*] posted on 6-7-2006 at 07:52 AM

Its FREE
and its you can upload anyvideo you wish on it
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-9-2006 at 08:42 AM

Andy, yeah it looks like Ara Dinkjian on kanoon. I didn't even know the guy could play kanoon. So I guess that makes about 148 instruments the guy can play.
That Harry Bedrossian video is knocking me out. I never saw him play that much, because I never lived on the east coast. Saw him last year in Hartford, though, and he was incredible. Has he recorded? He goes into an intense solo there at around 2:35. I did a google on him, and I see he has one track on a cd called Balkanalia, which I am going to order. I wonder if he has anything else out there.

It sounds like that video of him is a medley of three songs. I know I have heard that first one before somewhere, and I don't think that that is the name of it. Anybody have any ideas? I really like that first song.

I mentioned it before, but if any of you know of anybody that is willing to sell me any of Harry Minassian's old LPs, or make me a tape of some of the stuff, I would be grateful. Also, if any of my hyrenegitz out there want to trade tapes from the Kef shows (or elsewhere), let me know.

Andy
Oud Junkie

Mood: excellent

[*] posted on 6-10-2006 at 05:08 PM

Jonathan, Harry Bedrossian has, I believe, recorded twice. The first one is "Near East Sting" is on LP. It is fantastic, Harry not only plays the oud but sings too and he sings extremely well. I looked all over and can not seem to find the LP. The is another one but in Armenian but I think he favors the keyboard on this one. Eventhough Harry is local I have only seen him play the oud a few times. I see him about once a month and will ask him if there are any others and if they are available. He is a very talented performer.
Tomzara emailed me and said that the group is made up of Johno Dolobashian on dumbeg, Harry Bedrossian on oud, Leon Janikian on clarinet, and Ara Dinkjian on kanoun, and of course Onnik Dinkjian singing.
Marina
Oud Junkie

Mood: Enthusiastic

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 07:02 AM

Very nice videos. I enjoied their fine playing & singing!
Andy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 08:45 AM

Correction on my last post, after looking and listening closely, Ara Dinkjian is playing keyboards. Fooled me too because it looks like picks on Ara's fingers. If we hear a kanoun it is from the keyboard.
Andy
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-15-2006 at 02:06 PM

I got to talk briefly with Harry Bedrossian and he told me that he has 2 recordings, the first one being "Middle Eastern Sting" an absolutly fantastic LP if you enjoy Armenian and Turkish music. The other is "Hye Life" on cassette. He also told me that he is on other recordings too but time did not allow for him to go into which ones. I asked Harry to come on to this site and if he does he can up date us. Harry if you are reading this would be great if the LP was rereleased on CD if it already has not.
To see and hear Harry go to:
www.youtube.com/watchv=RM_chsOXJCU&mode=suggested&se...
this next one has a long soulfull intro
www.youtube.com/watchv=c6BT4QJo_AI&search=onnik
AND if you like check out all the others generously gifted to us by Tomzara and if you could please leave some comments. :applause:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top