Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: how to play
mercm525i
Oud Junkie

Mood: mnee7

[*] posted on 12-24-2003 at 05:36 PM
how to play

Hi, I just got my oud today, I'm still a beginner, usually I learn things by ear, are there any recommendations out there on how to play, I'm pretty much clueless because I'm used to playing the guitar. I noticed you don't move up and down the neck much like in a guitar. I bought the book, "The Oud" by Fred G. Elias, and I guess I'm an ear person, don't like reading notes. Anyways, any advice would be grateful, thank you. (even the smiley guy plays better than me):airguitar:
sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 12-25-2003 at 12:02 PM
how to play

Hello mate,

I just came a cross your shout for help. Well you have not left your contact details or where you can be reached to help people who are close to you to get in touch with you. did you notice that? you could be living couple of streets away from any of us.

Good luck mate

Emad from Sydney
mercm525i
Oud Junkie

Mood: mnee7

[*] posted on 12-25-2003 at 04:00 PM

Ok I added my aim and msn messenger and put a location in my profile so someone can get in touch with me. So, yea I'm still learning, and it seems that no matter what I do with my left hand, it just doesn't sound good with me, it seems I've tried everything but it just doesn't sound rhytmic. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 08:44 AM

my friend, you need to be patient. i've found that if i pick a regimen of exercises to attack certain problems, and keep a consistent schedule of practicing them (along w/ different kinds of songs) things fall into place over time.

be patient, it's definitely worth it.

sincerely,

mav

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse

Go To Top