Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cankaya Music
dana
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-3-2006 at 03:47 PM
Cankaya Music

I am planning to go to Turkey later this year and I have been recommeded Cankaya Music as a good place to buy a well made oud. Just wondering if anyone here has ever dealt with this company?
thanks
Lazzaro
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 03:41 PM

Three years ago I bought a oud from Cancaya through internet and frist of all the oud is very beautiful made and second Saadettin Sandy is very helpful and a gentleman!

Bye Maurizio
spyrosc
Oud Junkie

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 08:01 PM
Cankaya

They are among the best. I have two of his ouds and they are A1. Check them out on the "File sharing" segment of this forum. Ustaz Sandi is a very nice person also.

Spyros C.
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-6-2006 at 07:14 AM

I have a Sandi that I bought in Istanbul back in 1996. Sounds great, plays great. It was not expensive. I love it.

dana
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 5-6-2006 at 08:35 AM

Ah, thats great to hear, thanks for taking the time to tell me, I feel a lot better about this future purchase.
dana
ktb711
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-7-2006 at 04:08 AM

Hi Dana,

I have a Cankaya Muzik Evi Sandi (topnotch) model I bought last summer and would like to sell it. The oud is in mint condition and has a very nice, warm tone. I am selling it because I have ouditis and simply want something else.

I know the shopkeeper at Cankaya Muzik. His name is Nazim--a very nice guy! If you are thinking about buying a brand new oud, however, you might consider mine, as I am selling it for a lot less than I paid for it new. I don't think you could go wrong with this oud.

I live in Istanbul. Let me know if you are interested when you come.

ktb
dana
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 5-7-2006 at 11:20 AM

Hi KTB
Well, that is very interesting indeed. May I ask what model you purchased? I am looking for a professional grade instrument. Do you have a hard shell case with it? I would certainly be interested, however you must be aware that I will not be going to Istanbul until September, if that makes a difference to you.
If you have some idea of the price you would ask, perhaps you could email that to me at: woodamand@gmail.com., that way we keep whatever you say between us.
thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
Sazende
Oud Lover

Mood: Just Fine

[*] posted on 8-3-2006 at 06:44 AM

Hi Dana;

The main store of Mr.Sandi locates in Ankara. I played his ouds before and they are of good quality indeed. But If you decide to buy it from Ankara (where he probably sells his best ouds) try also Sabri GOKTEPE (which is a legend Turkish oud maker), and Metin usta to distinguish. You may have a first quality paduk GOKTEPE, for nearly 1000$. Metin sells his ouds cheaper (nearly 800 $) while he catches in my opinion the same quality.
dalaro
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 10:31 PM

Two months ago, I bought online in Cancaya. I used to have a low-quality oud made by "guess who", and it sounded awfully. I wanted to buy a good one but I couldn't spend a lot, so I wrote to Cancaya Music. Mr Bahadir Sandi was really kind, helpful and nice. He solved every problem and answered kindly to every question I asked, and believe me, I asked a lot of them. I was a little bit scared of sending money to a bank account in the middle east, and just wait for the oud to come home. But everything went OK, just as they told me. As soon as Cancaya recieved the transfer, they sent me the oud, and I recieved in just 2 days!!! By the way, I bought the highest quality model, the VMIU-50 (wich is great, awesome), and I paid exactly 1000$ for it. I'm really glad with the purchase and with the treatment. I can only have good words for Cancaya Music. I really recomend it to everyone: http://www.cankayamuzikevi.com/frameset.htm
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 12-3-2011 at 09:09 AM

How helpful for a new member with only one post to take the time to resurrect a thread from 5 years ago just to tell us how wonderful Cankaya is and provide a helpful link!

Thanks, Dalaro!

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

Mood: play my ouds

[*] posted on 12-3-2011 at 08:08 PM

yeap.;)

dalaro
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-4-2011 at 09:50 AM

Does anyone have any problem with my post? I am just a beginner in this forum. This forum was very helpful to me before buying at Cancaya. I just wanted to post, as a way to thank all of you about your helpful comments. Moreover, I told Bahadir Sandi that I would write good words about them, since my first experience with them was so great. Now, if you reply just to laugh or make jokes, maybe I was just wrong about this forum. Maybe this is not my place.
dalaro
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-4-2011 at 10:37 AM

"""1 - Be tolerant, understanding and respectful of other people's point of view. If you strongly disagree or are upset over another member's posting, simply respond by stating your point of view. Do not criticize, censure or ridicule others for their beliefs, opinions or views. Please also take into account the difficulty many people have in expressing their precise feelings and emotions in a written message."""

Remember this?
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 12-4-2011 at 11:24 AM

Well if they are good they are good - I'd love to try one :) Post a sound file if you can.

Cheers

Leon
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-4-2011 at 11:25 AM

my dear friend,I think that what happens here is the opposite....you are the one that attacks...so please try to understand that this Huge family that is called Mikes forum have an experience more than you can imagine.
Take my advice,when you want to advertise do it directly.
I hardly wait to see your video my friend
Regards

dalaro
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-4-2011 at 11:55 AM

I still don't understand. I repeat that I just posted to thank all of you for your help, because your comments really helped me to decide what to buy and where to buy. And what do I get?:

"""How helpful for a new member with only one post to take the time to resurrect a thread from 5 years ago just to tell us how wonderful Cankaya is and provide a helpful link!""" -Brian Punka-

:shrug:
ahuntrgw2011
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-6-2011 at 03:41 AM

I purchased an oud from Cankaya Musik in Ankara last year -- at least 18 months ago. (It was near my apartment.) It was very reasonable. It would have been 900 TL with the hard case, but I was buying a "Ud Methodu" (Oud Method) book (was about 100 TL) so he knocked 100 TL off of the price of the oud. Service was great and they were very accomodating. Colonel (ret.) Sandi's son did a good bit of translating between us. It has held up well -- I constructed a sheet foam-lined cardboard box to mail it, and it went back to my military duty station in the UK, where I had it for a few months, then re-mailed it to the US. Still great condition! //s// ahuntrgw2011
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 12-6-2011 at 04:00 AM

And so it continues. Before approving the above first post from Dalaro, I communicated with Mike. We decided to let it through, even though we had our doubts. Now we have yet another first post in the same vein.
To those posters, please be aware that new members are always welcome and your contributions are also welcome. But your presence is only considered valuable to the community if you join the forums for the purpose of contributing to general discussion, rather than making a single post in order to promote a particular oud maker.
For your information - After regular pruning, we currently have 2,177 members. Of these, 550 "members" have posted only once.
That is not the type of contribution that forum members expect, or appreciate.

Mr Sandi makes good instruments and a search of these forums will show many happy owners, so this response is not intended as a criticism of Mr Sandi or his instruments. I have personally visited two of his stores (Istanbul and Antalya) and I enjoyed playing his intruments. But Mr Sandi's intestest are not well served by those who would join the forums for the sole purpose of promotion. If anything, such posts have the reverse effect. Good luthiers are held in high regard here. But that high regard diminishes rapidly, if forum members suspect that their forums are seen as nothing more than a free advertising medium.

Respectfully,

Greg
Sam
Oud Junkie

Mood: Selling Ouds

[*] posted on 12-9-2011 at 10:17 PM

I'd recommend Ramazan calay if you want a decent oud! :)

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-9-2011 at 11:50 PM

;)....oh here it comes again

Go To Top