Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Weekend Downtime
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

info.gif posted on 5-15-2006 at 05:56 AM
Weekend Downtime

Hello everybody,

I want to apologize for the downtime we experienced this weekend. It was out of my control. I will definitely be in contact with my hosting company today to ensure that this does not happen again. I also want to thank everybody who emailed me to see if everything was ok. That was very kind of you all.

Mike

oudman

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 5-15-2006 at 08:08 AM

Id like to take this opportunity to thank Mike for the greatest oud website on the internet.
Guys the financial burden and upkeep of the site rests solely on Mikes shoulders and he refuses any help and doesnt charge any membership fees.
I think a lot of us would be lost if it werent for this site
Thanks again Mike
spyrosc
Oud Junkie

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 5-15-2006 at 10:25 AM
Website Support

I would like to concur with the "oudman" on this point and express my gratitude to Mike for this wonderful meeting place, which I'm sure was missed over the weekend by many.

I would also like to repeat my offer to Mike for any financial or other support needed. We discussed this before and Mike graciously declined, but I still think that we, who have enjoyed this site for so many years, should be shouldering some of the burden of it. Maybe a voluntary subscription ?

What d'you say bro ?
Spyros C.
amtaha
Oud Junkie

Mood: beginner's frustration ...

[*] posted on 5-15-2006 at 12:52 PM

.... ahhh .. the contemplation between breathless and lifeless does not seem to lead to satisfaction.

Donation is a sound idea. Mirroring too. By far, the forum and website are the most comprehensive place on cyberspace embracing oud, in both breadth and depth. They deserve all the support that can be made.

Kudos to Mike, and gratitude too.
MrOud
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-15-2006 at 05:38 PM

Donation?

I am game. All we have to do is convince Mike.
Let me give it a shot :)

Dear Mike,

I understand that you are doing this as a service to the Oud community. You are investing your time and energy, and I think that itself is great service. I am sure you get a lot of satisfaction by providing this service. Makes you feel good about yourself.
Here is my offer: Why don't you let some of us handle the financial aspect of this service so we can feel good about ourselves as well. Com'n man don't be selfish :)
Seriously, five or ten bucks will not make some of us richer or poorer. If money sent turns out to be more than what it costs you to maintain this site, you can donate the extra money to a charity of your choice.
All you have to do is provide an address for checks or paypal account number for electronic payments.

Udi Mike
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 05:51 AM

Hey guys,

You are all too kind. Right now, the costs of maintaining this site are not a burden on me. Actually, as I was telling somebody, my poker buddies are actually helping me maintain some, if not all the costs. ;)

Anyway, I might have an idea on something we can do as a community if people are inclinded to donate monetarily. Something that will make us all feel good about ourselves. I will keep you posted on this idea, as I am still thinking about the whole idea and how we should carry it out.

Thanks again for your kindness and support. It really means a lot to me.

All the best,
Mike

zalzal
Oud Junkie

Mood: still alive

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 06:22 AM

You can have a look at these two sites for ideas

http://www.alkamandjati.com/project.htm

http://www.musicfund.be/mf_start.php3?lang=en

Would an international "oudmanitarian" organisation be in the process of gestation within Mike's neurones ???.

If only Farid Al Atrash could hear me crying: Mike SANCTO SUBITO !!!!!

Alf million shoukran ya Mike sadiq kullina
Hatem_Afandi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Learning

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 01:22 PM

Maybe I owe Mike this comment:
Mike's effort and support does not stop here. He has been more than good to me with all kinds of issues regarding my ouds and music.
Mike, My thanks are not for the wonderful site. Neither are they for the thoughtful support. My thanks are for the great friendship and the kindness you showed when I needed help. You are a true friend!
Have a great day,
Hatem
Aziz
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-21-2006 at 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oudman
Id like to take this opportunity to thank Mike for the greatest oud website on the internet.
Guys the financial burden and upkeep of the site rests solely on Mikes shoulders and he refuses any help and doesnt charge any membership fees.
I think a lot of us would be lost if it werent for this site
Thanks again Mike

Aziz :)

Go To Top