Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pyramid Lute strings
lui_oud
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 07:14 AM
Pyramid Lute strings

Hey,

I was wondering if any one would be able to hook me up with a set of the pyramid lute strings similar to the ones naseer uses. I would like to try the sound on my oud and see if it really makes that much of a diferenc, I currently use labella. I would also like it if I could get a set of aquila strings.

Thanks.

Lui
mjamed
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-9-2006 at 08:21 PM

I am using Pyramid lute strings but not Nasser's tunning.

The tunning I am using is F A D G C F

let me know if you want to know their specs
chenoirh
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 02:23 AM

First as a newbie I must say: Wonderful site!!!
I read a lot already and I'm really appreciating the professional information one can find here.

Second:
I'm from Germany and can't speak English very well... ;)

So here's my question:
I already read about Pyramid lute strings in this forum. For my turkish oud I need a new set of strings, but I'm not satisfied with all the readily packed sets, because they are often for different tunings and not that which I use.

Sometimes I play arabic c-g-d-a-b-c, but a few weeks ago I tuned to turkish d-a-e-b-g(a)-b. I recognized my oud sounds better with this tuning.

By the way I don't know who built my oud; it was a gift from my parents. I guess it is not of professional quality, but that's another question... ;)

So I found a site about oud tunings, where the writer tells about the tuning of Cinuçen Tannkorur. You can read it here.

He uses the following gauges:
#0.55, #0.65, #1008, #1014, #1023, #1441. And he describes these gauges as very fine.
On the other hand I found a thread here in this forum ( http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=2774#pid18058 ), where mavrothis tells about the gauges he uses and these are even more fine.

So, what do you think? The Pyramid lute strings are very expensive compared to sme standart oud sets, so I don't want to make a failure...
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 05:03 AM

well what's the scale lenght? brige to nut?
If its a arabic oud of about 60cm... and your tuning it to turkish it will damage your oud in no time.
Put a picture up so someone can tell you what kind of oud you have.

Call pyramid there in germany and they are verry helpfull in getting you the proper custom strings.
chenoirh
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 06:12 AM

Thanks Samir.

It's a turkish oud and its scale length is 585 mm.
INFAMOUD
Oud Junkie

Mood: Im good where I am

[*] posted on 12-23-2006 at 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chenoirh
Thanks Samir.

It's a turkish oud and its scale length is 585 mm.

Even though you dont like packaged sets..I would say the Aquila Nylgut regular Tension Turkish Set EABEAD Tuning would fit perfect on your Oud..And Nylgut sounds very good..
hakeem.ram
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ouding my time away

[*] posted on 12-23-2006 at 09:22 AM

Servus Chenoirh

Wie gehts dir? Wo in Deutschland kommst du her?. ich war in DE bis Nov 06, in Ulm, Rosenheim und Friedrichshafen. Aber jetze bin ich züruck in mein heimart, Singapur.

Es tut mir leid, ich bin nich sicher wo kann mann die Pyramide Seiten finden. Die seiten sind aus DE aber wo genau weisse ich das nicht. Veilleicht kannst du bischen suchen machen am der Internet.

Die Pyramide seiten is zu teuer für mich deshalb gerne ich die Aquilla Nylgut seiten. Ich kann zwei set von Aquilla kaufen wit die gleicher preise für ein set Pyramide seiten. Bis jetze bin ich sehr zufrieden mit Aquilla.

Ich wunsche dir alles gute, und bis nächster mal!

tschüß!

Lieber grüß
Hakeem

Go To Top