Printable Version  
Author: Subject: sweat marks
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 08:09 AM
sweat marks

hey all
i havea question regarding sweat marks does anyone know how to get rid of it or blend it in
its not so bad but its by the fingers and the forarm and it does not look so night
thx sammy
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 7-5-2006 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oudplayer
hey all
i havea question regarding sweat marks does anyone know how to get rid of it or blend it in
its not so bad but its by the fingers and the forarm and it does not look so night
thx sammy
You can leach some of the oils out with alcohol or other drying solvent, but be careful not to get it on any glue joints. Use it sparingly, just dampen a cloth slightly and rub lightly. It will not remove the entire stain, however.
DO NOT SAND THE WOOD TO REMOVE STAINS!
In the future wear a long sleeve or drape a cloth over the edge under your arm, and wash your hands vefore playing.

sharkey
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 07:55 AM
sweat marks

I am a classical guitarist with some oud playing as a diversion. Free movement of the right arm is vital to playing, so when it's too hot to wear long sleeves I wear a substitute. Take an old sock, cut the foot part off, and wear the top part as an artificial sleeve. It works well to help keep the bare arm off of the unfinished face of an oud as well.

Go To Top