Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tap tuning braces
Elie Riachi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Gebran Tueni Lives For Ever, 12-12-05.

[*] posted on 7-9-2006 at 07:09 PM
Tap tuning braces

Dear fellow oud makers,

I found an interesting website containing articles on guitar making which I believe much of applies to oud making. One of the articles is on the subject of tap tuning of the soundboard and the braces which I found very useful and informative. The author has Doc's view on that good guitars (or ouds for here) are made by exactly copying certain models which have proven to sound superb and these models have been arrived at after much trial and error and time. Okay, here is the link: http://www.cumpiano.com/Home/Newsletters/Issues/twentythree.htm

Enjoy.
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 7-10-2006 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Elie Riachi
Dear fellow oud makers,

I found an interesting website containing articles on guitar making which I believe much of applies to oud making. One of the articles is on the subject of tap tuning of the soundboard and the braces which I found very useful and informative. The author has Doc's view on that good guitars (or ouds for here) are made by exactly copying certain models which have proven to sound superb and these models have been arrived at after much trial and error and time. Okay, here is the link: http://www.cumpiano.com/Home/Newsletters/Issues/twentythree.htm

Enjoy.
Hey, thanks for the support. If you read the article on "Floating kosher soundboard" you'll find another statement from Cumpiano "this is exactly why I don't use any assembly "fixtures" or molds. They're very hard to make work properly and consistently. Use the free assembly method described in my book--you might save yourself a lot of time and wasted effort "

Go To Top