Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: "a touch of Andalus"
Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-3-2006 at 08:01 AM
"a touch of Andalus"

I'm writing now this thread with the sound of the Israel planes resounding in my ears, although the bad situation we have in Lebanon and the big danger I find it very necessary to clear this issue .
1-I stand up that oud 974 is a good oud and deserves its price
2-the close pictures of Mr Jacob don't have any meaning because if you take close pictures for any excellent oud ,a nice Nahat for example ,the photos taken will show many gaps and scratches.
3-If Mr Jacob didn't like oud 974,that doesn't mean that oud 974 is a bad oud because every person has his own taste. some people find this oud very beautiful while others find it very ordinary.
4-I accept with Mr. jacob that he hadn't received the oud door to door and he had to go to the airport to get it ,this is why I refund him 250$ and Aramex is still investigating until now the reason of this problem and they have sent an email to Mr. Jacob clarifying this issue.
5-Now Mr.Jacob doesn't like this oud despite he chose it himself , he listened to its
sound life by phone and by the MP3 file in my" what's new section"and he told me then :" Dear Nazih
I have just heard 974 on your website. I love it ! It sonds like it has a
touch of Andalus."
and despite everything I offered him three options:
-he sends me back oud 974 and he chooses any other oud of mine and I ship it to him for free
-he send me back oud 974 and I will refund him his money with a subtraction of the cost shipping I already paid
-I refund him 250$ and send him some parts of an oud he asked for.

Mr.Jacob refused the two first options and accepted the third .I transferred him 250$ and I prepared the parts to send them to him ,and the sad circumstances started in Lebanon and the roads were cut so I couldn't arrive to Beirut to transfer them to him under the Israel bombardments.

After five days of transferring the money I was so surprised chocked by an email from Mr.Jacob who wants to return the oud this had happened after he had sent me uncountable number of emails to arrive to a deal.So I decided without any hesitation not to answer him anymore and I was more surprised by the threads he wrote in this forum benefiting from the war we had in Lebanon.
I am sorry I can't communicate you as I want to because of the sad situation in my country.

At anyway thanks Mr.Jacob for everything.

Nazih
Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-3-2006 at 08:04 AM
a touch of Andalus

Quote:
Originally posted by Nazih Ghadban
I'm writing now this thread with the sound of the Israel planes resounding in my ears, although the bad situation we have in Lebanon and the big danger I find it very necessary to clear this issue .
1-I stand up that oud 974 is a good oud and deserves its price
2-the close pictures of Mr Jacob don't have any meaning because if you take close pictures for any excellent oud ,a nice Nahat for example ,the photos taken will show many gaps and scratches.
3-If Mr Jacob didn't like oud 974,that doesn't mean that oud 974 is a bad oud because every person has his own taste. some people find this oud very beautiful while others find it very ordinary.
4-I accept with Mr. jacob that he hadn't received the oud door to door and he had to go to the airport to get it ,this is why I refund him 250$ and Aramex is still investigating until now the reason of this problem and they have sent an email to Mr. Jacob clarifying this issue.
5-Now Mr.Jacob doesn't like this oud despite he chose it himself , he listened to its
sound life by phone and by the MP3 file in my" what's new section"and he told me then :" Dear Nazih
I have just heard 974 on your website. I love it ! It sonds like it has a
touch of Andalus."
and despite everything I offered him three options:
-he sends me back oud 974 and he chooses any other oud of mine and I ship it to him for free
-he send me back oud 974 and I will refund him his money with a subtraction of the cost shipping I already paid

Mr.Jacob refused the two first options and accepted the third .I transferred him 250$ and I prepared the parts to send them to him ,and the sad circumstances started in Lebanon and the roads were cut so I couldn't arrive to Beirut to transfer them to him under the Israel bombardments.

After five days of transferring the money I was so surprised chocked by an email from Mr.Jacob who wants to return the oud this had happened after he had sent me uncountable number of emails to arrive to a deal.So I decided without any hesitation not to answer him anymore and I was more surprised by the threads he wrote in this forum benefiting from the war we had in Lebanon.
I am sorry I can't communicate you as I want to because of the sad situation in my country.

At anyway thanks Mr.Jacob for everything.

Nazih
Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-3-2006 at 08:11 AM
A touch of Andalus

Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-3-2006 at 08:13 AM
a touch of Andalus

Nazih Ghadban
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-3-2006 at 08:21 AM
the file sound of oud 974

jshead
Oud Junkie

Mood: Peace

[*] posted on 8-3-2006 at 08:54 PM

Nazih, I am sorry for Lebanon is suffering. Hang in there.
Jouneh
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-4-2006 at 05:16 PM

Ghayeh Wehabib Albi Nazih Allah Ma3ak....Hope that you are doing good.Our heart with you ......Regards....S.M.I
Elie Riachi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Gebran Tueni Lives For Ever, 12-12-05.

[*] posted on 8-5-2006 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nazih Ghadban
.... and despite everything I offered him three options:
Nazih

Sounds like fair options to me. These seem to be the standard options. I have purchased computer parts from a US vendor who I do a lot of business with which arrived brand new but non-functional. The vendor exchanged it but I was still charged for the original shipping and return shipping. So I think this a fair deal. It is unfortunate that shipping costs so much but that is how it is when shipping International.
Despite the hardships being endured in Lebanon Mr. Ghadban had tried to rectify the situation.

Some people do not understand how dangerous and difficult movement is in Lebanon with practically all bridges had been knocked out. The sad part is the great majority of the Lebanese do not and never did want this war and have nothing to do with it but yet they are suffering the consequences whether they wanted to be martyrs or not. Like someone said once: the waring parties should lease a spot on the moon and go there to fight each other.

Great playing Mr. Ghadban and I wish that we can visit once a year, I love the song. Please stay safe and away from any bridges, trucks or cars with tinted windows until this mess is over.

Peace
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 06:26 AM

Dear Nazih

You shouldn't have to worry about your reputation - you are an experienced and wonderful maker and musician from the heart. Keep safe! now that is important and we should all think of that here - this is real life.

One day when I can I will buy an oud from you - Iam sure many others on this forum would give their right arm to do so (if only we didn't need it to play).

My prayers and best wishes to you and all those on both sides caught up in anger.

Leon
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 07:45 AM

Ah Zuruni - the song brought a tear to my eye and profound sadness to my heart. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone enduring this madness. I am so saddened that our species (humans) has not evolved past the need for the murderous violence we are witnessing. It makes me ashamed to be a human and unable to prevent this shameful carnage. God help us all.
excentrik
Oud Junkie

Mood: Now Here, Nowhere...

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 02:59 PM

Dear Mr. Ghadban,

this is Tarik from Oakland- I don't care how nit-picky someone can get- your ouds are my personal favorite! 974 is beautiful! and my Oud is wonderful- I have, as I told you before, no complaints. Inshallah, everything is as good as it can be, Allah Ma'ak to you and your family- We know the struggle that Lebanon faces. The majority of the world does... ;)

your friend

Tarik
Elias
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oudy

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 12:04 AM

Dear Nazih:-)
your works of art and your honesty is something we cannot discuss....thank you for your ouds and your great friendship....you know i am beside you for the horrible situation in Lebanon....
your brother
elias

Go To Top