Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Seattle area lessons?
FredB
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-15-2004 at 04:53 PM
Seattle area lessons?

Does anyone know if lessons are available in the Seattle area? I hear Munir Beken lives in the area but I feel a bit sheepish bothering someone so important. I just want to get started in the right direction.
Hey Mike, maybe you should collect information of this sort and post it in a lessons section and organize it by region, like 1) Seattle, 2) Portland, etc.
Thanks - Fred
mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 1-15-2004 at 09:41 PM
lessons in Seattle

Hi. I don't think you should feel sheepish about contacting Dr. Beken. First of all, he's the man, and second, he's one of the sweetest guys on earth. He possibly might not have time, but you don't know that for sure. He has very advanced students like Kane Mathis who might be able to take you on if he is too busy also.

And, he has a great Ottoman Music Ensemble that regularly rehearses and performs classical Ottoman music, with people of all backgrounds.

So please, don't hurt yourself by not taking advantage of the extreme luck you have in living in the same beautiful city with one of the best oud players and composers in the world! (whew, that was a long sentence)

Take care,

mav

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse

Go To Top