Author: Subject: EFFECTS PEDAL
amarock
Oud Junkie

Mood: musical

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 07:41 PM
EFFECTS PEDAL

Hi dear friends
I have an oud with pick up and accoustic amplifire
I'd like to know if someone has experimented pedal effects with an oud?
regards
bruno
Jason
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving my oud

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 04:30 AM

I've never tried them with oud but I have a large collection of effects if you'd like me to make some sound samples. Just let me know what effect you're interested in.
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 6-21-2011 at 11:08 AM

I've been looking for a single multi effects pedal that offers as much as possible in a package that's lightweight and compact. Definitely need a foot-operated volume control. I was disappointed with a Boss ME-25 i used on a couple of concerts, because it doesnt work well with a piezo and either sounds like a fuzztone or like not much is happening. I then spent a couple days with a Boss/Roland GT-10. Very flexible effects but huge and 5 kg, and a rather harsh timbre. Briefly tried ME-50, ME-70, Line6 HD, Digitech 355, 500.

All have pros and cons. The units that have USB can be used as ASIO interfaces to record directly, and send processed audio from the DAW back back out to the amp or PA. Very useful. If used with software like Guitar Rig or Amplitube in the DAW for additional effects, the sky's not even a limit.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the compact Vox Tonelab ST, because the USB works well, the timbre is warm, and the amp modeling on the unit reacts a lot like a tube amplifier. In practice this has 95% of the features of their bigger more expensive units. My objective is not crazy distortion, but subtle enhancements. Subtle is harder than teenage guitarist noise. Anybody else found something interesting?
Aymara
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-21-2011 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by amarock  
I'd like to know if someone has experimented pedal effects with an oud?

You can use any guitar effect pedal.

I myself record the oud with an AKG C3000 micophone plugged into my Tascam US-122 Mk2 audio interface. The recording software is REAPER, which is a complete Digital Audio Studio with many effects built in ... echo, delay, EQ, etc.. You can download Reaper for free (incl. manual), but though it has no limitations, it's still shareware ... you should register "in the long run", but it's cheap for private use.

I would recommend echo, delay and chorus for oud.

I also use a Line 6 Pocket Pod, a very nice low cost multi-effects pedal for guitar. But because my oud doens't have a pickup, I only use it for guitar and bass ... so far ;)

PS: The Reaper effect plugins can be also downloaded separately, if anybody wants to use them in a different DAW software, e.g. Cubase.

Greetings from Germany

Chris
Zulu
Oud Junkie

Mood: I'm in the m'Oud for Love!

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 10:19 AM

I keep my sound clean for home recording but add effects when I play live for a more dramatic sound.
Live I use a L.R. Baggs Parametric Acoustic preamp. I installed K&K internal pickups on my Sukar and they sound great.
I use Boss individual stomp box effects. I have a RV-5 Reverb and CH-1 Super Chorus. I think it's best to buy individual effects that way if there is a problem with one effect you can replace it as opposed to a muti effect box that won't allow that.
Below is a link of me playing live. The video doesn't capture the low bass but you'll get the feel of the effects.

BTW...my 1st & 2nd courses are PVF for that "zing" sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-v4Yi7vwEA

http://www.zulutattoo.com
https://www.ronizulu.com/
One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself.
~Leonardo da Vinci

Go To Top