Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HOW ABOUT OUD CHAT ROOM?
ALOMARI
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 01:36 AM
HOW ABOUT OUD CHAT ROOM?

I LOVE THIS SITE AND THE NICE PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM , MIKE I SALUTE YOU,YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB HERE:wavey: , BUT MAY I SUGGEST YOU CONSIDER A CHAT ROOM FOR US , THE FORUM IS REALLY A GREAT WAY FOR US TO GET INFORMATION ABOUT OUD FROM PREVIOUS POSTS .BUT IF SOMEONE HAS A NEW ISSUE AND WANTS DO DISCUSS IT .IT MAY TAKE A WHILE FOR HIM/HER TO GET A RESPONCE !BESIDES LIVE CHAT IS REALLY INTERESTING ESPECIALLY IF IT IS ABOUT OUD .
SO WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT IT??LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN (UNLESS IT IS ALREADY THERE AND I'M THE LAST TO KNOW ABOUT IT)
MrOud
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 04:49 PM

Hi Alomari,

I was involved in a musicians chat room through a service called Paltalk a few years ago. The room wasn't limited to oud players though. Some kanun and baglama players joined the chat regularly and we all had a lot of fun and tried to learn from each other. The problem is time zone difference. People who live in Europe and the Middle East have to stay up real late in order to chat with people in the Americas, or they have to be divided. Same goes for people who live in the US and Canada. In any case if you'd like to initiate such thing, look into Paltalk. It's a voice chat service where attendees take turns talking or playing using a microphone. The sound quality is excellent. We even featured solo concerts of accomplished musicians for a while. Text chat is used in the rooms as well.
Please let us know if you decide to setup a room. I am sure some people will like the idea.

Regards,

Udi Mike

Go To Top