Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: to oud community
nadir
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-21-2004 at 10:00 AM
to oud community

i think that the oud community is starting to rapidly grow, if you've noticed, there seems to be a new member every day. so how come it seems that the only place that oud is starting to become popular is everywhere BUT the middle east, where the instrument originated in the first place??? :shrug:
zeyad
Oud Addict

Mood: love the oud

[*] posted on 1-21-2004 at 11:46 AM

nadir, interesting question. I wonder why is it that way :shrug: Some people started to get into quitar instead

But, maybe a communication difficulty?? Because i know there a lot of people interested in Oud in Middle East, but it is hard for some of them to find a way to form oud communities or even get together to enjoy the Oud.

zeyad
sydney
Oud Junkie

Mood: Bastanikar

[*] posted on 1-21-2004 at 01:49 PM
Oud community

Hello Fine People :wavey:

I think I can relate to that subject by simply saying that I have come across an unbelieveable number of oud players only in Cairo - Egypt but I have hardly found any of them who had anything to do with internet for example.

My other point also is that : when we leave our home lands we feel some kind of a home sick this is when the oud plays a big roll in easing that kind pain or satisfying those types of feeling, this is when we start looking for internet , search for songs to keep us connected and to remind us of what we have left behind and of course the oud is "Sultan" of all instruments it attracts almost any body. I think this is how we are now.

This may aply on most or some of us though.

Regards.

Emad from Sydney
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

Mood: play my ouds

[*] posted on 1-21-2004 at 01:58 PM

Dear friends...
we don't have to forget that this unique instrument is the voice of our souls.....
and we can't live without our souls.....when I first listen the oud my roots have spoked to me.....
it's the magic power of this instrument.....when I heared it for the first time I did understand what the word love means....each time I play my ouds I close my eyes and I travel with my mind.....it's like a meeting with the most pretty and wonderfull woman in the world...better than that.....because the oud gives to us only satisfaction and pleasure....it is a part of our Paradise....when I finish to play I kiss my ''lady'' and gentle I put her back to her '''bed'''[case] untill the next meeting....
I hope after I die,when God will decide that,to give me an oud to the next life,so I can be happy on His Paradise too.....
Regards to all

Yazoal2K
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 1-21-2004 at 09:29 PM

I know that oud is still popular among young people in the gulf reigon, as a matter there's hardly any singer from there who can not play it, but unfortunalty in Egypt, and alot of arab countries, oud is not as popular among current singers as it used, but any way the oud will always be the basis for arabic music weather singers like it or not. Like Sydeny said Sultan Al Tarab,
Khalid
nadir
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-21-2004 at 11:50 PM

hi everyone, thanks for your reponses! i wanted to also add in that my oud classes in school got the big "OK" from the principal and music teachers. so far, i am the only definite one in the class and there are about six others that are there to see what the class is about, if they don't change their schedule in two days, they are there in the class for good! i think that they will stay in class. :D

gonna post up another message later on... until then, thanks.

nadir

Go To Top