Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Faruk Turunz's instruments
Jameel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 10:29 AM
Faruk Turunz's instruments

I just wanted to share I nice experience I had this past week. I was visiting my teacher Issa Boulos, who brought along one of his student's ouds. It was a Faruk Turunz "quality" oud. The workmanship was simply outstanding, some of the best I've seen. The finish was very nice to the touch, and the attention to detail was quite apparent. The sound was excellent, balanced, and above all I would characterize it as "pure". The response of the oud was outstanding, almost playing itself. It wasn't too loud though, but this was mostly due to the fact that Issa had the oud tuned down a whole step to arabic tuning, regardless, the oud sounded incredible. I can only imaging what it sounded like at it's intended tuning. It was also very easy to play. I think anyone considering a new oud should snatch up a Faruk while he is having his sale. I wish I could. The price of his instruments is quite reasonable considering what we in the west would pay for a similar quality instrument. I short, I was highly impressed with his work and sound. I'm saving my money for a Faruk oud.

oudipoet
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 11:01 AM

hi jameel
i am really happy that u had a chance to try of master faruk turunz`s ouds he is simply one of the best oud makers in the world some even considered him (including me) today`s MANOL and that s even not enough to describe his knowledge of oud making so for our friends in this forum i would higgly recomend his ouds if u are planing to get another oud for your collection or just simply u are looking forword to buy an oud u should definettly try his master peaces.

secondly if u are a buyer or just simply an oud maniac (such as myself lol) and if u have any about ouds in general about his work he s very polite and i am sure he ll answer all your questions gladly.

thanks
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 05:25 PM
sound file

Anyone got a sound file of a Faruk Turunz oud - I've been thinking of getting one myself

Leon
palestine48
Oud Junkie

Mood: Free Palestine

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 08:03 PM

I havent had the chance to witness or hear a turnz oud. But from several of my numerous conversations with Issa Bolous he told me that Faruk's Ouds are awsome. He also told me Samer Totah who resides in my home town of ramallah, Palestine was a student of Faruk Turunz.

It would be interesting to compare the two ouds together to see of Samer's has an "arabic" qualities to his ouds versus any "turkish" qualities in Faruk's.
akram
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-11-2006 at 12:16 AM

could you past sound sample
thank you
akram
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 11-11-2006 at 03:04 AM

Jameel posted this video a while back. Its made by faruk for a arabic tuning and sound. What a nice sounding oud eh?

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-5735990514479056663&q=o...
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 11-11-2006 at 01:27 PM
The right stuff

I watch this from time to time - what a fantastic udi, very sensitive and almost 'Turkish 'sounding but dry and resinous at the same time (I'm beginning to sound like a wine taster11).

How do Syrian ouds compare with Turkish and Arabic??

Good stuff:airguitar:
Leon
umut
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-11-2006 at 02:09 PM

I've been playing a Faruk Turunz oud for 7 years now and my experience with the oud is great. The sound is balanced, deep yet bright and the quality of the wood and everything is perfect.

One other thing that I am perfectly happy about my oud is that pegs and pegbox are so well crafted that the instrument almost never goes out of tune.

Overall I am totally happy with my instrument and I would definitely recommend his ouds to everyone.

umut

Go To Top